Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Article about: another couple of relic pistols in my collection...... a 1908 bayard in 7.65 an astra model 400

Default Re: relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Gibba, just a question
    I would like to clean up my Beretta but I don't know how..
    can you tell how you do with yours guns?
    Thank you

I have a relic of a ww1 german mauser rifle, and the smle brit rifle in my collecetion.The woodwork of course is all gone !

jh92
    ?

Great guns! They are all pretty awesome!

Fantastic collections of relics guys, some people don`t appreciate the relic weapons but to me as they were recovered from the actual battlegrounds and somehow the fact they have lain there since makes them a bit more special in my eyes. Always wanted to collect similar items myself and attend a lot of UK fairs but not that many around suprisingly. I just have the one at present, a MK4 Webley revolver with the remnants of a birds head grip. This was known as the Boer War model as many officers on their way overseas bought them as personal sidearms. Pic attached, new spec UK deac. Sometimes think of selling it but then just can`t bring myself....
    Thanks for the great article, good luck in getting more !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

hey drago,
    i would simply wire brush off all the loose rust, be careful not to touch the grips tho, and use a blunt scraper to remove rust from all hard to reach areas, depending on how clean you want it i would then use a medium paper to sand off rest of the rust then use wet and dry fine paper once the rust is minimal, if your careful you may uncover the serial number and makers name etc, my luger was much worse than that lovely beretta of yours so it spent 2 weeks in a pale of diesel first to help remove the dirt and rust!
    post pics las vegas!
    thats a beauty forest walker thanks for showing!
    thanks for all the comments...

?

I have successfully used a worn scotchbrite pad soaked in a light machine oil to remove light rust.
    This is the technique that I used to clean up my Bren Fouling Tool, (pictures posted on another thread).

Relic deact mg15 with relic saddle drum.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

A relic deact wing mounted .303 browning from a downed Spitfire....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

Hi relly nice piece do you have the history?
    Andy

A german aircraft deactivated relic mg81, these belt fed mgs took the place of the mg15s in many aircraft, the mg81z was a conversion of two mg81s giving twice the rate of fire!!
    hi dogdog, i have history but as yet have not found where i put it for safe keeping!!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast