Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Article about: another couple of relic pistols in my collection...... a 1908 bayard in 7.65 an astra model 400

Default Re: relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

great rifle relic auseklis, have you been back since in case theres more!!

There is more for shure, the whole area is shattered with relics (and lots of ammo remnants).
    Problem is, it is an urban forest with lots of people (and dogs) running around.

A couple of relic deactivated ww1 flare pistols, first is a german rather rusty example and second is a new purchase of mine, a rather nice webley and scott 1915 dated example. both found in ypres.
    I found the flare cartridge on my airfield a few years back, much smaller than the 50 or so i have found in the past and always wondered what flare gun it would fit, well , it fits this webley!, would they be using ww1 gear of this nature in ww2 or as this was an american airfield did the americans have there own smaller calibre flare guns using same size as this webley uses??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

Hi Gibba really like the flare pistols nice relics.
    I think the Americans used the same cal carts we had the one inch and one and half inch i think they had the same. and i am sure there was left over ww1 flare guns used. my wifes grandfarther was on the beaches of dunkirk and used to say that him and his metes all had ww1 rifles.
    Andy

That would be correct, the standard British rifle was the Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 or 3* AKA the SMLE introduced in 1907/8. It was still in production into the early 1940s so many Dunkirk veterans carried WW1 or mid war produced rifles. Many of these vets didnt want to exchange their SMLEs for the New No.4 rifles when they began to get replaced, I don't blame them, the Mk3 is a very nicely made weapon in comparrison to the Mass Machine produced No.4

I have got thise one coming up soon ...I hope!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

This is my relic G98. I found it the 1 of marts 2010.
    Regards

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

superb pistol and markings on the barrel stuka, great find, hopefully you will get it soon!!
    thats a a great find stg44! where was it found? superbly cleaned up may i say, was that with chemicals??
    thanks paul

?

it is found in Denmark,close to where I live .I used elokotrolyse .
    Regards

?

here I have found 2 Panzerfaust 30 tubes
    Regards

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast