Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Article about: another couple of relic pistols in my collection...... a 1908 bayard in 7.65 an astra model 400

Default Re: relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Hi Harry, that looks much better now.

The Dreyse is a nice little pistol, designed by a certain well known chap called Schmeisser.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

here's the M42 with the hammerite removed. Removing the paint has uncovered the serial number 16427 and the 'W' of the 'Wa' still remaining - which is nice. I have highlighted the markings with chalk for the photo.

Does anyone know if this can be dated through the seriel number - I suspect not?

All that remains is a coat of renwax and job done....now what's next on the shopping list

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Harry, that looks much better now.

The Dreyse is a nice little pistol, designed by a certain well known chap called Schmeisser.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade
    I didn't know he designed it - at last I have a relic Schmeisser - pity it's the wrong one

Hi Harry, glad I mentioned that now.

That again looks better.

"WA" is of course for "Hugo Schneider AG, Leipzig". But I think you know that one.

Mod. LP42

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2Here are a few in my collection.

Ray

Dug from the battlefields around Kiev...the browning is on top must be lendlease.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

I do like the M2AC, especially with the AA sight.

Not sure if this should be called a "Relic", but I would say it will at least pass as a "Battlefield pickup".

This M/1893 Nagant Revolver was found after the war under a storehouse in Bagn, Norway. There was fighting there during the German invasion in April 1940 and it was probably dropped by a Norwegian soldier.
    Notice the "N" marking with Crown, which if I am not mistaken is for the Norwegian army.
    The revolver is produced in Belgium, the Norwegian army bought 14,000 examples of this weapon.

I also have an RPG-40 which was found in Narva, Estonia:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Some rifles etc. Me and my detector mate found..

The Bren Barrels are a rare find, I havn't seen many relic Bren items around. The top barrel pic shows a British rather than Canadian Inglis made Mk2 Barrel and the bottom pic is of what I suspect is a Late British Mk1* Enfield Barrel.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast