Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

Article about: by Replace Yes, you have moved a bit closer to the action(good digging sites) It is not easy to find weapon parts in Denmark - you have to do your research, and find the good spots. Regards

Default Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

Hi,

Just wan't to show you some relics found at the atlantic in Denmark.

These items are found together with MANY other relics.

After cleaning the relics looks okay for display - I think.

Note. I have put a new nagel in the dust cap.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.   Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.   Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

Default Re: Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

The items are looking well cleaned!
    Nice findings.

Love the work you've done on cleaning the mg34 bolt! I've been cleaning a whole bunch that was found in saltwater myself but no luck on cleaning pin and spring on any of them... judging by the corrosion it looks like these were found in dirt rather than actually on the beach/in saltwater?

Very nice finds mate did you find these yourself ?

Quote by stekker View Post
    The items are looking well cleaned!
    Nice findings.
    Both items have been through a big industrial furnace, where they got a core-temperature of 900 degress.
    ...the furnace is automatic, and when the items leave the furnace on the other side, they have a temperature of 50 degress - the hole process takes 1 hour.

Afterwards they are easy to clean.

Regards
    Replace

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Love the work you've done on cleaning the mg34 bolt! I've been cleaning a whole bunch that was found in saltwater myself but no luck on cleaning pin and spring on any of them... judging by the corrosion it looks like these were found in dirt rather than actually on the beach/in saltwater?
    The mg34 bolt is found in a mix of dirt/sand, but has never been in contact with saltwater.
    ...found in german strongpoint - not on the beach.

After the furnace, it cleans up nicely.

Regards
    Replace

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    Very nice finds mate did you find these yourself ?
    Yes, found these relics myself - together with MANY other relics.
    ...a big finding!

I searched the area in about 15-20 hours before I was lucky.

Regards
    Replace

?

Thank your for your interesting posts. The before and after pictures of the cleaned articles are very good - how does the process of using the furnace work? It really is remarkable to see threaded steel items dismantled after seventy years at a coastal location. Even if not in contact with salt water, I would have assumed that they would be completely fused together by rust.

I'm sure that many people would be interested to see more pictures of the 'many' relics that you have found and hear more of how and where you found them.

Quote by Replace View Post
    The mg34 bolt is found in a mix of dirt/sand, but has never been in contact with saltwater.
    ...found in german strongpoint - not on the beach.

After the furnace, it cleans up nicely.

Regards
    Replace
    Ahhh... I'd love to have a go with that furnace myself, got lots of these laying around... quite amazingly well preserved after nearly 70 years in saltwater, I don't have the patience for cleaning them all "manually" these days though. But yeah... again; Good job using a very unusual but rather effective way of cleaning. Please, do share more!

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Thank your for your interesting posts. The before and after pictures of the cleaned articles are very good - how does the process of using the furnace work? It really is remarkable to see threaded steel items dismantled after seventy years at a coastal location. Even if not in contact with salt water, I would have assumed that they would be completely fused together by rust.

I'm sure that many people would be interested to see more pictures of the 'many' relics that you have found and hear more of how and where you found them.
    The reason that the furnace is so good at losen rust - is the very high temperature (900 degress C)
    The high temperature removes all moisture from the item, and dirt/sand/rust lose grip to the surface.
    ...then you can just dismantle the item - you may need a small hammer and start with small strokes to the item, but it will dismantle.

The furnace I use is BIG(12-15 meters long), and full automatic.
    You just put the item into the furnace in one end, and 1 hour later item comes out in the other end of furnace.

I have not yet found relics that I could not dismantle.
    Some relics are fragile an will be pulverized in the furnace.

Perhaps I will start a new tread with the complete findings from this area.
    But this will take time - many pictures!

Regards
    Replace

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast