Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

Article about: by Replace Yes, you have moved a bit closer to the action(good digging sites) It is not easy to find weapon parts in Denmark - you have to do your research, and find the good spots. Regards

Default Re: Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

The bolt I have found is from the German Maxim 08.
    ...here is a link with pictures of Maxim bolts...headspaceablelock

Regards
    Replace

I think it must have been what's designated as "Normal 08 Lock" on that link, usually I do not throw anything out and I did hold on to it for quite a while but in the end, with no success in finding out what it was, I decided it was "junk" (there's quite a bit of actual junk down there) and threw it out... oh well, maybe I'll find another Theres's definitely no shortage of mg34 bolts down there though, I also have a few other unidentified bolts that I need to sort out.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I think it must have been what's designated as "Normal 08 Lock" on that link, usually I do not throw anything out and I did hold on to it for quite a while but in the end, with no success in finding out what it was, I decided it was "junk" (there's quite a bit of actual junk down there) and threw it out... oh well, maybe I'll find another Theres's definitely no shortage of mg34 bolts down there though, I also have a few other unidentified bolts that I need to sort out.
    Don't you think it's exciting to investigate what you have found?
    ...I love this part also!

There is also lots of junk in the ground in Denmark - not many mg34 bolts though.

You let me know if you got to many mg34 bolts.

Today I was in my "stock" to see how the 08 bolts was doing - found it february 2012.
    I har been in a airtight bag since - I was still nearly as pictures.

Actually I tried to dismantle it some more today - with success.
    I found the manufacturer stamp DWM inside the bolt.

I can post picture tomorrow if anyone thinks that's interesting.

Regards
    Replace

...more pictures of the maxim bolt.

Here you can see the firing pin - it moves nicely in and out.

After I got the "slide-part" of, I could see the number 645 an DWM stamped inside.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.   Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

?

Very interesting thread indeed. Quite cool you can find such items in DK. I am Danish myself but have moved to Moscow, Russia. I'm doing quite a bit of digging myself. Please let me know if you open a new thread on your finds. I have a serious digging addiction

Mvh

Lars

Jan
    ?

How about the "Danegeld" law and finding these items ?

Best,

Jan

?

I guess you refer to what is called "Danefæ". These items will not fall under this category. Danefæ is typically items made of precious metals or items of great historical/cultural value from stoneage, bronzeage, Viking period etc. The law stems back from 1241 and says "what nobody owns, the King owns". Something along those lines. Meaning that if a peasant finds a coin treasure while plowing, he will have to hand it over to the King. Today you will have to inform the Ministry of Culture. Machine gun parts etc, from WW2 will almost certainly not fall in this category.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very interesting thread indeed. Quite cool you can find such items in DK. I am Danish myself but have moved to Moscow, Russia. I'm doing quite a bit of digging myself. Please let me know if you open a new thread on your finds. I have a serious digging addiction

Mvh

Lars
    Yes, you have moved a bit closer to the action(good digging sites)

It is not easy to find weapon parts in Denmark - you have to do your research, and find the good spots.

Regards
    Replace

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I guess you refer to what is called "Danefæ". These items will not fall under this category. Danefæ is typically items made of precious metals or items of great historical/cultural value from stoneage, bronzeage, Viking period etc. The law stems back from 1241 and says "what nobody owns, the King owns". Something along those lines. Meaning that if a peasant finds a coin treasure while plowing, he will have to hand it over to the King. Today you will have to inform the Ministry of Culture. Machine gun parts etc, from WW2 will almost certainly not fall in this category.

Regards, Lars
    ...and I might add - "Danefæ" must be more than 100 years old.

Regards
    Replace

?

Quote by Replace View Post
    ...and I might add - "Danefæ" must be more than 100 years old.

Regards
    Replace
    I did not know about the 100 yrs, but we keep an honor in keeping things/digging straight here on forum However i was sure WW2 relics are not Danefæ.

Regards, Lars

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast