Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Relics found in southern france

Article about: hello , Found in southern france, near "montélimar", where 11 pz division retreat from south area usm1 helmet 36th texas : 736th ordnance company luft helmet and rifle 3.7 flak car

great looking stuff!!! keep those pictures coming.
    Thank for sharing these with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

great finds!!!!! I spent 1 month in Nice, I never found anything that cool. plenty of old gun turrents but that was it

May I ask what the far left metal thing is on the last photograph? I have found two of these but I haven't collected since I didn't know what they were. What kind of tool is this? Is there anything post war made that is similar to this one?

I don't know why in my previous post the photograph I was refering didn't show up but here...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics found in southern france  

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    May I ask what the far left metal thing is on the last photograph? I have found two of these but I haven't collected since I didn't know what they were. What kind of tool is this? Is there anything post war made that is similar to this one?
    It's a pin spanner/wrench. Next to some MG42 bolts. This isn't the one usually found in the spares kit, but may be a pick up to replace a lost one. A clean up may reveal the origin/maker.

Nice finds, like the Panther roadwheel and the M1 helmet - any laundry marks inside?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I don't know why in my previous post the photograph I was refering didn't show up but here...
    Ah! that looks like a 'C' Spanner for changing a barrel.
    I'm sure we used to have them on the old .30 Brownings

Doug

I see 2 bolts from German MG 42 machine guns...the 2 large items in the middle. Find a lot of these in Normandy.

Thank you guys!!! I will check my findings to see if the details are similar!!!

It's a C spanner bolt from a motorcycle (see photo no. 11 and the reply from "oradour" on my thread). I have found similar tools-all 1940 dated- in a box from Pak38 ammo.
    Aghs
    Relics from CRETE-GREECE 1941

Here are the ones I have seen... I don't know if they are ww2 made since they look very new. How can I tell if they are from back then or modern made? They have no dates...

ps. sorry for the bad pics but my cell phone is surely WW2 dated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics found in southern france   Relics found in southern france  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast