Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dump

Article about: Hi all Well, the RRPG members are participating in a 'Big Dig' weekend, and today has been a superb day with some fantastic relics recovered. I thought I'd get the thread started with pictur

Default Re: RRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dump

great finds Steve :-) The exhuast stub from the Lanc and the Mossie navigation light are top drawer - awesome!!!! Seen some of Jay's great finds on FB and look forward to seeing everyone's haul....

Yep.....totally excited about the Lanc stub and Mossie tail light Mind you, we recovered a lot of No. 848/42 bases as well. I think Salzburg had nearly as many as me, as did LS. Molly even found two !!

As well as the 'usual' .303's and 848/42 bases, here are my find's.....
    RRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dumpRRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dump

The emergency compass for a Lanc is great !

You also have a tensioning bar, an eye hook off a bomb, a No 27 arming fork and a gunners seat belt buckle Some nice finds there

Quote by Steve T View Post
    The emergency compass for a Lanc is great !
    Yeah, wish we could have found a few bits more of that!
    Where's the tensioning bar used?
    Anyone ID any of the other bits, particularly the T shape wire thingy (found a broken one last time), the round dome thing, and the last item (I first thought carb float chamber..).

Oh and the switch? 5D/526

Well 5D is aircraft armament systems, but not been able to get it narrower than that so far. Will try after work

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Well 5D is aircraft armament systems, but not been able to get it narrower than that so far. Will try after work
    Already covered on this very forum...

5D/526 and associated stuff

Bomb rack and arming system electrics, basically.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I was rushing this morning before work

Your tensioning bar Rich......I am sure LS had a complete item with that kind of bar in it.

Ah, so it's a socket not a switch (that PB knows everything)!
    I've not photographed it yet, but the large (14-15") diameter aluminium disc I found (think someone else found another later in the day) has this stamped on it S981045
    Elaine thinks it's painted, but I think it's mud stuck to it, it does come off with the merest rub.....

P.S. where are everyone elses finds? and the ones from Sunday?...............Slackers!

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    As well as the 'usual' .303's and 848/42 bases, here are my find's.....
    [/ATTACH]RRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dump[]RRPG Big Dig weekend - Day 1 - RAF airbase dump[]
    1544 looks like a hydraulic banjo bolt and 1538 looks like a "key" for winding up a tube of yellow zinc chromate joinjting compound used in airframe assemblies. The key slips over the end of the tube and as the end is squeezed the key is wound up the tube. Cheers Hangarman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast