Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RRPG big dig weekend - Day 2 - British army dump

Article about: No worries Rick, I've been a couple of the digs but I've missed the last few due to weather and the last one down to being 460 miles away now. If you've anything you cant identify just post

Default Re: RRPG big dig weekend - Day 2 - British army dump

Hi Tiffy

You mean No. 426 & 425 ? I have plenty of those in my collection along with the storage tubes that clip to the PIAT itself. Neither the 425 or 426 fit inside the tube, and there are no signs of any solder marks on the tube body. Many thanks for the suggestion but I'm afraid it isn't that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Steve T

picture of my brencarrier showing position of the 2 gal. cans, water on offside, oil on nearside. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RRPG big dig weekend - Day 2 - British army dump  

Hey John,
    Thanks for posting the pic of your Brencarrier and its gear, its in superb condition it looks brand new.
    Great Work.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

hi john

very nice mate.

I've finished cleaning this unidentified ammo box, I've trawled my way through loads of pic's and descriptions of different WW2 ammo boxes and have sadly still been unable to find a match. Im wondering if due to the number of international finds already made at this site, that perhaps it could be Canadian or even Australian?
    During cleaning a piece of the original webbing strap for the carry handle fell out, so I've reattached it in place

LUCKYSTRIKE

It looks a bit flimsy for an ammo crate in my humble opinion. The strap and rings wouldn't take much weight. Maybe ration crates?

Thanks Steve for your input, I agreed they do seem quite flimsy for weighty contents. That gives me another line of enquiry. But I'm starting to think this'll be one of those finds where I'll stumble upon its use unexpectantly (hopefully) in the future. Perhaps seeing one in a museum or on a reenactors stand but in the meantime Ill keep looking.
    LS

This Vickers MG spent ammo shoot from an allied tank or armoured car has cleaned up well. I like that you can still see the original green paint peeping through the over painted white which was the standard colour for the interiors of allied tanks and armoured cars.
    The metal has survived very well being pretty much complete
    A few spent .303 cases in this pic to give an idea of how it was used, they look pretty small compared with the shoot size!

Does anyone have an armoured interior picture of one of these in place they could up load?

Thanks for any help.
    All the Best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Love that chute! Was it surface or dug?
    Wish we could have made the dig.

Hi Richard,
    Due to the energy sapping dig we suffered the day before. I spent most of the time at this site checking the spoil from previous digs. I recovered this from the surface but am pretty sure it had originally been dug out and left.
    Shame you couldn't make it, there'll be more digs to come and plenty still to find
    Cheers
    LS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3