MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

RRPG Big Dig Weekend, Finds!

Article about: Just want to say a big thank you to Steve T for organising this amazing event, Id say a good time was had by all with amazing finds seeing the light of day. Im still chilled to the bone (fre

Default Re: RRPG Big Dig Weekend, Finds!

Just want to say a big thank you to Steve T for organising this amazing event, Id say a good time was had by all with amazing finds seeing the light of day. Im still chilled to the bone (freezing rain and wind chill) at the mo and feeling the effort but was worth it, nice to catch up with everyone again.
    Cheers
    LS
    JH your directions were spot on, made good time .

?

Glad you got home safe and well guys and hopefully next time we all get together the weather will be a bit more hospitable ! The mud at the bombing range was awful!!!

Great day on Saturday Steve - I was there too though most of me had dissolved by the end of the day! A few of my finds ........

Steve, whats on the other side, from the back and the description you said, hinged along one side and it being hollow it could be some kind of camera, that side being the back?

?

Love those old Brylcreem bottles got one here from my local bottle digging hole

Good stuff Billers, nice haul of Tea, toothpaste and toothbrushes any markings on the toothbrushes ?

Nice finds Billers Glad you got some Tea Ration tins

As for the Sunday dig, here is a picture of the finds made. Not cleaned them yet but will do very soon.

The Sunday dig at the army dump was totally ruined by the bloody awful weather. We were all soaked within 20 minutes of starting and frozen solid within an hour or so. Davejb busting a stitch open did warm us up with laughter a little bit, and the fact he fell down two holes trying to find where we were digging also warmed the cockles........

I managed about an hours digging before seizing up, so unsurprisingly the finds were meagre.

It was a morning for gas mask bits......

?

HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!, I'm among phillistines and unfeeling persons, laughing at the misfortunes of others with injuries, serves you right if that bunny had taken a chunk out of your leg, being treated for myxamatosis is no joke, they inject in your ears you know, mind you in your case i can see why, EEYORE

DM,

The other side appears to have nothing of note on it. I was hoping for some kind of aperture that would have made it either a flashlight or camera has suggested, but certainly nothing visible. I think a white vinegar bath is in order to get some of the crap off and see if there is anything that gives its purpose away!

Steve

One of the brushes (white) had Halex on it the other nothing. Couple of the guys found similar green brushes and I've seen them on a couple of US finds here in Normandy. Billers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast