Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

RRPG Big Dig Weekend, Finds!

Article about: Just want to say a big thank you to Steve T for organising this amazing event, Id say a good time was had by all with amazing finds seeing the light of day. Im still chilled to the bone (fre

Default Re: RRPG Big Dig Weekend, Finds!

Nice finds Salzburg and I love the WD arrow marked T/brush You can still get Yeast-Vite by the way

Oh.....and what did you do with the rockery you promised me ????

Steve, your rockery is still there for next time you go over. Just needs assembly!

A cell phone

I bet this a fun thing to do but how do you know you are not digging up a land mine? I have almost been arrested twice once for digging for fossils at Coon Creek Tn. and once for trying to find artifacts at the Shiloh Civil War battleground.( not a good idea on my part)

Firstly, there wouldn't be a land mine on any of these sites. Don't forget we're digging in the UK where no battles took place. Europe.......now that's a different matter.

Secondly, we always have landowners permission to dig ANY site and I would strongly advise you to do the same.

Steve T

In France,we have a name to qualify guys like you.."Professionels",wich is so easy to translate that i won't do it,héhéhéhé...
    Brits cannot cook,but they know how to dig!!
    Congratulations amigos ,these 7 pages have made my day!

Hi Andy,
    In the past I've been caught out, leaving bits Ive found only to discover later they were something of interest, so I took all the bits found at site 3. Ive now cleaned one of the bung type things but it has no markings or perhaps a very faint 2. So I'm inclined to agree with your modern farming dross ID, although perhaps not too modern because the surface is very perished.
    PB
    Thanks for the ID confirmation of course you can borrow the spanner, I'll give it a clean up and could bring it over to the next RRPG get together. In the meantime following clean up I'll post some of the dimensions for reference.
    Salzburg
    I love your dash it's cleaned up great, and thanks for taking the time to locate and post the period adverts for your bottles and tubes. It brings them to life, capturing the spirit of the 40s..... Good work Mate.
    Seb another good post, great words makes it all worth while
    LS

I nearly threw this on the spoil heap. Glad I Didn't. Anybody any idea what it is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RRPG Big Dig Weekend, Finds!   RRPG Big Dig Weekend, Finds!  

Could it be some sort of sextant (sp) or some other navigational devise

Navigational calculator I reckon. PB will pinpoint it for you

AWESOME find and a lesson learnt Take everything home, leave NOTHING behind !

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast