Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

Article about: The two items that you thought were trigger guages, on the photo of the Vickers, just below the traversing platform and to the front, there is a very similar looking piece except for the rou

Default RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

Hi all

My arms are absolutely killing me after all the digging today !!

The members of the RRPG met up at the British Army dump today. Those present were;

Steve T (+ son + son's best friend)
    Dangermouse
    Jayh
    Whitehunter
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Davejb
    M3bobby (+ father)
    Ade Stevenson

With 11 of us present, we had a good blast at the dump with many seriously good finds being made.

Here are a couple of pictures of my finds, minus the contents of one bucket that we left on site ! DOH !

I had some good finds, including a 1907 bayo, some nice Bren mags and a Vickers Muzzle booster (recoil booster). I had stopped digging at about 4pm and was just having a chat with Davejb and Ade for a while. I then decided to have one last dig so went to a spot that 381st Digger had been at on our first visit. I was pulling out Sten gun parts for a few minutes then a nice LE bolt appeared. Davejb swore at me for being so lucky and, 2 seconds later I apologised to Dave as I pulled 2 more bolts out the hole, along with a very nice No.1 barrel end piece. 15 minutes later I had amassed about 20 LE bolts and 4 really nice No.1 ends. Dave swore at me more. LOTS more. Dangermouse shouted at whitehunter that he 'said they should have dug there!!!'. I gave them all an LE bolt to stop them moaning

Anyways, here's the first pictures of the days finds. There will be LOTS more to come !

Watch out for more pictures !

Laters

Steve T

Default Re: RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

This will be interesting
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I am still cleaning out our bathroom! When I got home I saw my hair was brown and not grey anymore! We were filthy but it was a great day especially meeting everyone.

I was surprised to find Aussie made items there: petrol tins with D/I\D (Dept of Defence) markings. I found the remains of a large Aussie tropical ration box which I would have killed for if mint. Some of the stenciled markings are visable. I also found the period glass jars and bottles interesting. Only when we got back to Steve's did we realise we had left a whole bag of finds on site. Opps!

Cheers, Ade.

Good old Steve, always telling me not to throw stuff away and he throws a hole bag away :P

Dog Tag cleaned, If anybody could help me with this one please do
    D PULLEN
    C E

John

Post more pictures already! I am dying to see it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Hi John, the tag will be postwar issue, as wartime ones are pressed fibreboard. Plus the number is too high for WW2.

The "CE" is his religion - Church of England.

I only have listing for WW2 serial numbers sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

HI Vegar, there were hundreds of these Besa 7.92mm tank MG ammo boxes on site, but I had the pleasure of digging this one for myself. It is still sealed up, but all we found contained leather strips. I will show more pics once it is cleaned up and opened.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011  

Nice finds, Steve T/Whitehunter/Ade!
    Thanks for showing.

Regards

Great job!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

besa boxes i'm in need of a few of those for my cromwell/centaur/churchill any chance you could dig a few up for me in exchange for a cabby in the cromwell or carrier next year

cheers

eddy

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast