Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

Article about: The two items that you thought were trigger guages, on the photo of the Vickers, just below the traversing platform and to the front, there is a very similar looking piece except for the rou

Default Re: RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

Cool, nice spoon

DM

WH - Remember the fork I found with the name and number on it and it turned out to be the guys name and last four digits of his service number ? I think you've got the same thing. Last 4 digits of a service number.

Steve T

?

Quote by Steve T View Post

Three little oil cans. I brought 7 or 8 home with me but these are the first three I cleaned. Two still have markings on them

Attachment 241696

All are Vickers/Bren oil cans LUB.OIL MG

Attachment 241698

Cheers

Steve T
    Here's mine, it's still in use I do have one question: any idea of the date?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011  

Great condition oil can... sorry Lub can. I have seen this on website before and always state them as wartime, not that it really means anything! Just look at how many things are found on the Somme on Ebay even a Mr Man lunch box was found there and luckily the soldier had written the date '1917' and his name and rank inside the lid to confirm it was genuine.

But, apart from the Lub can, what is that great thing that holds ammo. Its great, would be useful at shows to display head stamps. Please tell me where you got it?

Quote by RickWG View Post
    Here's mine, it's still in use I do have one question: any idea of the date?
    Afraid not Rick. The only markings visible are those shown. Your picture is interesting as it shows the brass top to be painted like the rest of the can. I always assumed the brass would be left as is and not painted. Just goes to show you never stop learning !

Steve T

Lovely lub tin, I guess the top was also painted to stop it glinting and giving away a position to an enery soldier?
    LUCKYSTRIKE

hi fella's

i'm on the scrounge for any besa ammo boxes you might have, i need around 30 for the cromwell, churchill and centaur, the bribe will be a drive round the arena at W&P in either the cromwell or carrier which ever takes your fancy or if that sounds dull then a slab of fosters
    i also need 6 besa's, a QF 75mm, QF 6 pdr and a 290mm spigot mortar. if you dig any up give me a shout

all the best

rick

ps. eddy8men was my old army nickname my real name is rick wedlock but you can call me anything you like as long as it's not dick.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011  

Pm sent eddy

thanks steve i'll take you up on that offer

Just got around to clearing some more stuff out of the garage from this dig, and had a bit more of a look at this knackered cup....
    Not WW2 dated but I have to keep it, as it's from Elaine's birth year (and it has a crows foot on it, and is marked "Lord Nelson, England").
    Highlighted with pencil!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast