Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RRPG display War and Peace show 2011

Article about: We know ! 381st took me to find you but we couldn't !! Gawd knows where you were. We were going to look for you Friday but so busy we didn't have time. Steve T

Default Re: RRPG display War and Peace show 2011

Well done guys - that looks very professional

Big effort, great result!
    Well done, if the weather had been better i might have made the trip with the bike.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks all for the very positive comments, I was a great show and we had lots of interest and also may have some leads. Steve is going to look into those. It was a fantastic few days, albeit a tiring few days.

But when I think back I get amusing snippets - Steve's pretty floral sleeping bag, Me trying to suck coffee through a wooden coffee stirrer, John's perch and "Hello", John's beer keg that only gave us huge amounts of foam, "WAKE UP STEVE, YOU NEED TO MOVE THE CAR IN 7 MINS" and plenty of girls in very skimpy shorts, one of which Steve walked in on getting dressed 'good effort Steve'

Very pleased with the event, we have secured the same pitch for next year and depending on how many of us going, there is plenty of room for at least one more 10x20ft tent thingy. I know its a year away, but give some thought to if you would like to do next years WaP. We did also speak about doing some of the other shows. So if there was any show that you would like to do to gain us some more recognition as a group then please let us know.

DM

Thanks for all the nice comments, photos, and visits from WRF members We had a great time and, as Dan says, got some very nice leads and made plenty of new digging friends.

By the way, I'd just like to point out that walking in on the girls in the short shorts and tight T-shirts was entirely accidental and I never saw nuffin, honest guv.

A couple of pics of my own.

Dan doing his best to pretend he knew what he was talking about.

The burger van on fire. Thankfully no-one was hurt. A viscious rumour travelled the site that the fire was probably due to them trying to charge £7 for a cheeseburger.

John (Whitehunter) in his usual spot. When anyone approached the display, he'd say hello, (or sometimes 'alright'), and carry on looking cool.

Steve T

Great show guys. I was there today and was mightly impressed with how tidy you left the site with the turf neatly replaced on the dig a relic site. I could hardly tell you'd been there.

Dan thats a good suggestion on more shows, the other big UK show to be seen at is the Military Odyssey at Detling airfield beginning Sept I think? Its just down the road from Beltring. The show is for living history covering all periods but with a huge following of WW2. Many vehicles, with aircraft straffing involved in the impressive battles each day. Its a big site so Im sure more display space would be available for the display.

LS

Detling is August Bank Holiday weekend (3 days) I know Gary Howard, the organiser, quite well. If you want to book in, see here:

Military Odyssey - The Largest Multi Period Show in the World

Certainly worth doing. I will be there all three days.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Well done everybody , no wonder those 20mm mags were a talking point they are a great find !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

One of the most fun things to do with your finds is show them in such an exposition. It really gives a purpose to the items and you meet interesting people.

Fantastic stuff guys, wish i could have joined in the fun..

?

Darn, I was just on the other side of the field all week and didn't know you were there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast