Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

Article about: by Steve T No idea what this is. Anyone help ? Attachment 221962 .. Looks like the bottom of on old cycle parafin lamp, the hole in the middle is where the wick would be Hangarman

Default Re: RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

Hello peeps,

Sorry for the late appearance for me. Firstly WOW, thanks for ID'in Besa trigger housing. Also the Sten above. I have 3 of the Flash hiders so thanks for ID'in them. Here some pics of some of the bits I laid out to start to clean!

RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

I have started to clean a few bits, but nothing really worth taking new pics of yet.

DM

p.s. also I did found something fantastic today! I was very excited about this find almost as much as my butcher bayonet... I found that I hadn't eaten my Jaffa Cakes in all the excitement, so had two boxes today!

The air rifle looking bit is as sovblocgunfan IDd, a Winchester 67 in .22

Many thanks M3 and Sovblocgunfan Excellent ID

Steve T

I see some OO guage Hornby track there DM, nice find in fairly good nic!

To the right of the Mk1 STEN flash hiders you have some Bren 100 round drum mag mounting brackets. Rare again,and worth over £100 each in good nic! Above the flash hiders is a locking pin for a Vickers gun tripod.

I notice you also have some Mk 2 STEN barrel nuts and spring cups on the 2nd photo down on the right. Some Bren mags and rifle/Bren sling attachments too.

The Bren 100 round adapter in the photo is currently for sale for £285!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to bloody much

M3 - Just seen your earlier ID post. AWESOME NEWS on the stock and flash hider. I hate to tell you this but I think DM got at least 4 or 5 and one of the other guys got a couple as well Not sure if anyone else got the stock like mine but they may have done Many thanks for your IDs again

Steve T

?

Just looked at my Daisy BB gun Winchester 73, it has exactly the same sight attachment, so it could be that as well

Steves second photo down shows some thin brass tabs with 4 holes in them, these are the inserts fitted to early Vickers gun and Maxim belts

DM, Can you post a close up photo of the rectangular looking part in the top left of photo 1, 2nd left of the bessa trigger Mech housing.

ah that's a colt .45 mag

Sadly got dragged into work today... boss even came and picked me up as I told him I was too tired to walk. So, I will clean more tonight. Hopefully I might actually finish something and be able to post a picture
    Last edited by dangermouse; 07-04-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I am a tit and forgot to finish writing

More stuff cleaned up. Smaller items this time.

Need some help positively IDing some of them please

Group shot first

A cleaning rod ? 303 is there for scale

No idea what this is. The end is broken and the top has a WD arrow on it along with a Manufacturers mark. Any ideas ?

This is probably a pen but the inside does not contain a nib, (maybe it got broken off), and the top has a small glass window in it and what looks like a compass.

Strange object. A filter off something ? Water chest filter perhaps ?

A couple of buckle type bits.

Now this appears to be a barrel end protector for an LE or something similar. Was it used to protect the end of the barrel whilst cleaning it ?

A couple of different objects, both of which I think may be sights off something.

Same with these two. There is a hole on both sides of the tip of this object they may have held something like an aiming ring. Are they aerial sights for something ?

A strange 30cal dummy round made of wood. The cartridge has already been fired. The cartridge like object next to it is solid steel/iron and has a lug attached. I think this maybe a 'starter' cartridge for something like a 303 disintegrating belt ?

Found quite a few of these. Thought at first that mine had been bent but they are all like this.

Much more my thing now. Drill rounds. Lots of them.

Different angle showing the hole where the blast cap should be

These two are a little stranger as they appear to be 'made' from previously fired cartridges. One has two grooves, the other has 3. Both have lead bullets. They are certainly drill rounds 30cal but were they all made like this ?

LOTS more to come......

Steve T

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast