Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

Article about: by Steve T No idea what this is. Anyone help ? Attachment 221962 .. Looks like the bottom of on old cycle parafin lamp, the hole in the middle is where the wick would be Hangarman

Default Re: RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

These finds are absolutely awesome Steve, very jealous! Lots of fantastic Sten parts in the first pic you posted.

Thanks Ashleigh

How about this for a pic ?

Looks like there was a fire at some point. This block I brought home as it is a good piece to talk over. Everything is welded into one lump and it weighs about 6-7 kilos

Steve T

Well I dont recognise the water can but will have a good look at some ref books.

OK, the top set of mystery items show a Badly corroded Lee Enfield Bolt at top and 3rd down (3rd down is a No.4 item with bolt head). 2nd down is a Falling block from a Martini Henry or Martini Enfield, probably Mk3.

The next set of items include a spent link shute from a Browning M2 .50 cal

I'll go and check on the other bits. Back in a mo.

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Any idea on the 'sights' (both lots) or the funny bent rod thingy ?

Steve T
    The only part I recognise is the hook from the Martini Henry/Enfield (Photo posted previously). The bent rod thingy looks like a special screwdriver maybe? and the other sight looks more like a Machine gun part, I'll be checking on that one.

[QUOTE=dangermouse;317211]

[QUOTE]

The item below the 1907 ptn bayonet is a cleaning rod for the .30 cal browning 1919A4

Cool, thanks, I had no I wasn't too sure if that's what it was.

Are you sure that is a 1907 ptn bayonet, then end looks very much like the eagle head of the k98's etc. After a lot of looking online, it looks a bit like the Czech Mauser bayonet. But, I'm very unsure. I will post some good pics once its cleaned up.
    Last edited by dangermouse; 07-05-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: i get enter happy

Hi Guys,
    Cant keep me away for long...... Im enjoying this theres some great finds being shown and cleaniing going on. I think a lot of my finds will have been identified through your posts by the time I return. But as of yet I have a few finds Ive not seen shown so far I'll post on return. WH you've done a good job cleaning that water can it looks ready to accept the paint. For M3s benefit these cans are about half the size of a standard jerry can about the same capacity as the smaller rectangular oil or fuel cans you see used for cooling on Lewis guns. DM the bayonet looks a little too small for a K98 to me but K98 bayo's are common so Id be pleased with M3s id of a 1907 ptn.
    Anyways keep up the good work and will look forward to dropping in again to see the next offerings. Seeing all these I want to dive into cleaning mine
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Quote by dangermouse View Post
    Are you sure that is a 1907 ptn bayonet, then end looks very much like the eagle head of the k98's etc. After a lot of looking online, it looks a bit like the Czech Mauser bayonet. But, I'm very unsure. I will post some good pics once its cleaned up.
    I'm not 100% sure but I should be once youve given it a clean up. This is another relic 1907 Bayo for comparison (This one is a earlyHooked Quillion type)

This is the Czech Mauser bayonet, the pomel slopes into the grips unlike the 1907 which is straight, should be a good indicator.

ah thats a great comparison. Cant wait to get home now to look... thanks all

Ok peeps, I have been cleaning and here some bits

close up of a thing?
    another thing?
    my two Sten stocks, one started to clean, then a finished pic

DM

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast