Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RRPG relic displayed on virtual museum

Article about: Hi all Just thought I'd let you know that a relic of mine, recovered as part of the WW2 Relic Retrieval and Preservation Group (RRPG) work, has made it on to a well known virtual museum ! Li

Default RRPG relic displayed on virtual museum

Hi all

Just thought I'd let you know that a relic of mine, recovered as part of the WW2 Relic Retrieval and Preservation Group (RRPG) work, has made it on to a well known virtual museum ! Link to the museum below. The item in question is the POW tag for Josef Scheib.

WW2 Battlefield Relics Prisoners of War

My thanks to the museum owner for showing one of the relics dug by the group.

It was found on an old USAAF base in the UK, and is a fine example of a POW tag, issued to axis POWs during processing. The size of this one suggests it is a luggage tag of some description, rather than a personal tag.

I had the tag in my possession for more than 2 years after digging it, before it got IDd. Just goes to show that you should never throw any relics away !

My sincere thanks to 'Lerenfort' for the help in IDing and displaying the find.

Steve T

Default Re: RRPG relic displayed on virtual museum

Really interesting,i did say a virtual museum was a good idea

Steve,
    Good work and a great reference, I love the Lerenfort site I can never get enough, for me it's just a shame its only up dated every few months rather than being done on a monthly basis like in the past.
    Cheers
    LS

?

Well the old boy has got his name up in lights, well done Steve and on a museum site as well, interesting piece , but i heard someone say it was you who ought to be in a museum, i thought that was very unkind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to the museum curator lol
    (I crack myself up sometimes) hehheh