Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

From Russian forests...

Article about: by akolans Finnish cartridges in good condition, found on the "Mannerheim Line" position. Karelian Isthmus, summer 1999. I saw this pictures from Oleg Borisovich, do you have the p

Default Re: From Russian forests...

Great finds and pictures. You are making this western man very jealous of all you european great find collectors

best regards, Tyrone

Fantastic finds..please post more.

?

Looking at the landscape I suspect the thresher is for beet or some type of animal fodder, the trees are young so this was probably farm land/steppe...

?

Very interesting picture, there a couple of Mills grenades, and what is the longer grenades How they can move to the soviet positions, probably weapon from the 1920's, from the stocks from Arhangelsk?
    ?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    and what is the longer grenades How they can move to the soviet positions,?
    Hi Dimas,
    The stick grenades in pic look to be the Russian RGD 33 and the one looks to have a frag sleeve on it. Check this site there is a great pic of it and some good info too. http://www.inert-ord.net/russ02i/rgd33/index.html
    Rgds, Mike

akolans
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Anton!

Great photos of cool finds.

I have spent much time in the Sevastopol region of Crimea, and was always worried/cautious about unexploded ordinance such as shells, grenades, mines, & etc when exploring places where there was heavy fighting because of such hidden things.

These grenades, mines, shells, mortar rounds that you show: Are they not "unpredictable" and present a danger?

С приветом,
    Richie C
    The grenades are`t dangerous. Possibly dangerous may be the shells and mortar mines(espesially russian), which have passed through the gun tube. Here - some photos of the ordnance.

C уважением,
    Anton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From Russian forests...   From Russian forests...  

From Russian forests...   From Russian forests...  

akolans
    ?

Quote by napalm View Post
    Looking at the landscape I suspect the thresher is for beet or some type of animal fodder, the trees are young so this was probably farm land/steppe...
    This not a farm land, be sure
    Nearest villadge is about 60 km. And the trees are young because Germans made their blockhouses from logs. And so, the clearing appears...

akolans
    ?

Finnish cartridges in good condition, found on the "Mannerheim Line" position. Karelian Isthmus, summer 1999.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From Russian forests...   From Russian forests...  

Very nice finds..it is amazing how deep you have to go. Im sure you know this but be careful going in holes..it does not take much dirt to fall on you to make it hard to breath.
    In my job, I have responded to trench cave ins and with dirt up to the chest people can not breath for too long. Great finds..keep the pics coming.

?

Quote by Dirt Detective View Post
    Hi Dimas,
    The stick grenades in pic look to be the Russian RGD 33 and the one looks to have a frag sleeve on it. Check this site there is a great pic of it and some good info too. Russian RGD-33 Stick Grenade (WWII & Later - Inert-Ord.net
    Rgds, Mike
    Mike, I know how looks the RG 33, and I know this construction. I mean the grenades which looks like mortar grenades, but that is not 50 mortar " Poltinnik" re- make...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast