Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

From Russian forests...

Article about: by akolans Finnish cartridges in good condition, found on the "Mannerheim Line" position. Karelian Isthmus, summer 1999. I saw this pictures from Oleg Borisovich, do you have the p

?

Default Re: From Russian forests...

Quote by akolans View Post
    Finnish cartridges in good condition, found on the "Mannerheim Line" position. Karelian Isthmus, summer 1999.
    I saw this pictures from Oleg Borisovich, do you have the pictures of the bunker room inside? Very interesting to see!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

akolans
    ?

Quote by Dirt Detective View Post
    Very nice finds..it is amazing how deep you have to go. Im sure you know this but be careful going in holes..it does not take much dirt to fall on you to make it hard to breath.
    In my job, I have responded to trench cave ins and with dirt up to the chest people can not breath for too long. Great finds..keep the pics coming.
    Yes, I knew it. Several times the ground falled. But not so much to cover me entirely or to brake spinal. So, I was able to get out.

akolans
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I saw this pictures from Oleg Borisovich, do you have the pictures of the bunker room inside? Very interesting to see!
    From Alic ? I know him well... I haven`t good photos inside the concrete bunker, but below - few photos inside two finnish dugouts, which we have discovered and excavate in 1999. It`s not me on the photos, I was taking them...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From Russian forests...   From Russian forests...  

From Russian forests...   From Russian forests...  

Wow.. This thread keeps getting better and better. This would be a find of a lifetime. good job.

akolans
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Mike, I know how looks the RG 33, and I know this construction. I mean the grenades which looks like mortar grenades, but that is not 50 mortar " Poltinnik" re- make...
    As I know, it is Finnish M32 grenade. Indeed, it made from mortar mine, but not "poltinnik", from 47mm trench mortar.
    Regards,
    Antony.

?

Great photos , i love the condition of the stick grenades and the box of mortar bombs , looks like the German bunkers here were in good condition with the wood well preserved ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by akolans View Post
    From Alic ? I know him well... I haven`t good photos inside the concrete bunker, but below - few photos inside two finnish dugouts, which we have discovered and excavate in 1999. It`s not me on the photos, I was taking them...

Are some of the timbers burned? Looks like maybe a fire was in some areas.

amazing find's keep the pic's coming please,also has anyone noticed the orb like thing's on the second pic down in the burnt out bunker, like round light balls hmmm spooky

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    amazing find's keep the pic's coming please,also has anyone noticed the orb like thing's on the second pic down in the burnt out bunker, like round light balls hmmm spooky
    just dust falling in front of the camera highlighted by the flash going off small digital cameras are prone to this nothing spooky about it im afraid

Ahh well wolfy ive stopped shakin now thank's 4 that mate

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast