MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea mine or just a metal buoy ?

Article about: I'm just wondering because a friend found this swimming in Dover and decided to bring it home. They are convinced it is a mine but none of us are sure. Just making sure they won't blow thems

Default Sea mine or just a metal buoy ?

I'm just wondering because a friend found this swimming in Dover and decided to bring it home. They are convinced it is a mine but none of us are sure.

Just making sure they won't blow themselves up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sea mine or just a metal buoy ?  

Default Re: Sea mine or just a metal buoy ?

Its a bouy, im pretty sure

It's a buoy or fishing net float

Hit it with a big sledge hammer, you'll soon find out!....

?

Not the wisest of people is he? 50/50 chance it's meant to sink a 50,000 ton ship, let me just haul it into my front garden. If in doubt, phone the police and ask them to send a bomb squad. Ordinance, or the possibility of it is no joke.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sea mine or just a metal buoy ?   Sea mine or just a metal buoy ?  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ned as always has the answer in pic.

CBH
    ?

Wasn't this type of buoy used on anti-sub nets ? Just wondering .

Just ask N.E.D. the all knowing - he'll save the day!!!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by The Boy In Battle Dress View Post
    I'm just wondering because a friend found this swimming in Dover and decided to bring it home. They are convinced it is a mine ......
    So they found it whilst swimming in Dover, an act that, in itself, deserves a medal given the sea temperature.

However, this medal would have been immediately withdrawn due to the application for a Darwin Award he subsequently made. He was convinced it was a mine and BROUGHT IT HOME????? Idiot, total and utter idiot. The fact it turned out to be a fishing net float is irrelevant, the fact he thought it was packed with explosives and still messed with it isn't. If it was a mine, what did he think he was going to do with it? Stick it next to the fire and hope nobody kicked it? Put it in his garden for the kids to play on? Build a pond and float it in it?

A word of advice to your friend. If he fiinds something that he thinks is old ordnance, leave it the HELL ALONE !

Oh, and make sure he has a will written, and do NOT go to the beach with him. Ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast