Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A second GI chain bracelet

Article about: Seb, Can you give me an idea of where in Normandie the Stephens bracelet was found? His name and Service Number are not on NARA. But, maybe we can use unit manning rosters to find him. I fou

?

Default Re: A second GI chain bracelet

Seb,

Can you give me an idea of where in Normandie the Stephens bracelet was found? His name and Service Number are not on NARA. But, maybe we can use unit manning rosters to find him. I found one SSGT Kelly Stephens - a WWII vet - who lived in Arkansas but has also now passed away. But, I can't confirm it was him since there is no seriel number listed for him.

Mark

Mark,thank you so much for you help and the interest you show to my "quest".
    I'm presently typing my reply on a Iphone,and in spite of the respect i had for S.Jobs sadly deceased,it'S not an easy game...
    So once i'm at work,i will reach by phone my pal who found the chain.But i think it found it near the Lucky strike camp,close to Veules les Roses,Paluel,Cany BarVille.
    I will confirm that asap.A huge thank you!
    (Lcl Griggs is the military attache of the Us embassy in Paris.I have his personnal cell number.Could you give me yours?
    2 uS Army high rank officers phone numbers in my cell is not so common,ha ha ha !(i'm joking,,)

By the way,i've seen where you're located..
    I spent 1 month in Doyelestown,Bucks county,PA in 1997....It's a small,small world....

Mark,i do confirm:the Stephen's sterling bracelet was found in the Lucky Strike camp,Saint Riquier,near the USAAF air field...

here's a screen capture of the area of the Lucky strike camp.
    Look at this Hawaiian sea blue(barely seen such a color there...May be the Paluel's atomic plant effects....)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A second GI chain bracelet  

Excellent finds and good lucky in tracking down the relatives. Excellent work!

DM

Thank you Dangermouse, it's the least i can do for the memory of these men.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2