Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Slapton sands - July 2010 - Close call !!!

Article about: Great finds Steve, I must get down there this year Nick

Default Re: Slapton sands - July 2010 - Close call !!!

Great finds Steve, I must get down there this year

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks guys.

Steve83 - Yeah.....one of the guys at the 'show' in my other recent thread, ( South Devon Railway ), had a small frame with some relics in. I asked where they were from and he told me Slapton sands! He goes down there after storms and gets loads of cartridges aparently. He also had pieces off one of the life preserver rings. Sorry to hear you got bitten. Hope it wasn't too painful

Martynv4 - If you can solve the mystery of what the hell these Heckmondwike tags are off, a lot of people on here will be very happy ! We think they are either off sandbags or some form of barricade, but nobody can pinpoint them exactly. They could be off wellington boots for all we know !! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve T

Intrigued by these plates now. Heckmondwike, we (as most did) had lots of munitions factories (no no to digging near old power station at other end of road as you've good chance of going bang) and do have Artillery St.

Been reading the other threads where these have appeared too. Looks like I'd better get results.

Martyn.

martynv4

......we're waiting !!!

Steve T

Unfortunatly adders are very common in south devon , came across 2 last week sunning themselves in the field behind our house .
    Slapton is a beutifull place , been down there a few times but never found anything .
    Would love to scuba dive the lake , been told by the locals there is loads of military junk in there

Ash Riding

Yep. A couple of locals told me the lake is full of stuff. I took a 60KG lift magnet with me.....couldn't get close enough to the damn water though ! I was a touch disappointed

Steve T

Hi Steve

I`ve always fancied a look at Slapton, is it legal to detect on the beach as long as you have a Crown Foreshore Permit ? The area does seem covered by that on their website.

Cheers

?

Nice finds Steve, plus an adder , used to have them crawl over my legs, when lying down in ambush, you didnt bother them they didnt bother you, hopefully, until one bit me on leg, made me feel ill for a day or so and the leg was swollen just like a nasty bee sting but worse, your ok as long as you dont have a weak heart or too young or have allergic reaction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2