Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

Article about: Put them in the classifieds mate !!

Default Re: Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

As winter is comming I do not belive I can get any more awards from the Kurland Kessel this year:-). There are some more pictures. Look at the condition of Nahkampfspangen - some parts are totally gone, some parts are almost mint... What a pitty!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

Some more pics. 2 SS belt buckles are not from the Kurland Kessel but I did not wanted to make a new thred.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

I do not want to make a new thread. Some nice belt buckles from Kurland (not battlefield found items but from the area where Germans went to prison camp in May 1945). Waffen SS belt buckle probably once belonged to the Latvian SS member. Wehrmacht buckles have some nice damages (from a bullet or shrapnel).

Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

This badge was found last year. The pin is missing, but look at the pin hook - obviously this award was just violently torn away by the owner in May 1945 or by Soviets. This badge was thrown away 67 years ago but is still in nice condition.

Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

I love that ek frame I don't know why.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    This badge was found last year. The pin is missing, but look at the pin hook - obviously this award was just violently torn away by the owner in May 1945 or by Soviets. This badge was thrown away 67 years ago but is still in nice condition.
    Agreed. Incredible condition!

Some more badges. Look at the condition of the Allgemeine Sturm - even the pin is moving after 67 years.

?

They have gotten a very special patina and look great IMO.

Well - new spring and new finds from the Kurland Kessel. Nothing too special for today - just 2 blanko Erkennungsmarken and 2 Wounds badges. But look at the condition - it is hard to belive they were all these years from May 1945 in Kurland forest...

Some examples from the huge Panzerkampf badges hoard. As I have more than 20 badges, some of them are listed also in our Classified section.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast