Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of my Aircraft relic collection.

Article about: Thought I would just share a few pictures of some of my collection,Which has been put away for many years,Now I am picking up the hobby again and finding things in the loft long ago forgotte

?

Default Some of my Aircraft relic collection.

Thought I would just share a few pictures of some of my collection,Which has been put away for many years,Now I am picking up the hobby again and finding things in the loft long ago forgotten.Will add more when time allows.
    The Oxy regulator is from a Hurricane which crashed in kent,The access panel is from a ME110 which also crashed in kent and the saddle drums are from different A/C A JU88,DO17 and a DO217.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my Aircraft relic collection.   Some of my Aircraft relic collection.  

Default Re: Some of my Aircraft relic collection.

Great stuff
    Keep the picture's coming!

Andy

great stuff - particularly like the doppeltrommel - found one of these myself in Normandy and have a soft spot for them in relic condition

did you recover these yourself?

?

I recovered one the other two came to me through a trade, I did have another that came from Bastogne,But that was traded many years ago.

?

The mags are in very nice condition The lat one i found just fell apart.

Regards, Lars

welcome to the forum mossie,perhaps our paths have already crossed.harry

?

Hi Lars,Yes I have lost a couple of mags due to them falling apart,These have survived due to being buried at depth.

Hi Harry,Not sure,Started digging in the early 90's,Picking it up again after a break.

?

Quote by mossie View Post
    Hi Lars,Yes I have lost a couple of mags due to them falling apart,These have survived due to being buried at depth.

Hi Harry,Not sure,Started digging in the early 90's,Picking it up again after a break.
    Digging will never really get out of your system once you've started

Regards, Lars

Some great pieces there mossie Thanks for sharing. Post more !

?

Some more from the collection,The corroded prop is from a Stirling bomber which crashed a mile from my home,I did not recover this but I bought from the guy who did,But I did visit this site when I was younger and found a few bits,I still have them somewhere and will post them when I have found them.

The prop with the paint on is a P38 lightning which came down in Norfolk.

The oxy cynlinder in front of the props is from a Hurricane.

The piston and valve is from a ME110,This lived in a carrier bag for years until I found time to mount it.

And lastly the stainless part is from a Hurricanes browning machine gun,This plane came down in France.

Still lots more to follow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my Aircraft relic collection.   Some of my Aircraft relic collection.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast