Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11

Article about: Hi everyone iv been back at it again. Today i took some pictures as they came out the ground sorry there not very good i was useing a phone cam. lots of photos to come so keep poping back. H

Default re: Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11

This rusty lump would be attached to the side of a 50cal and is the part the flexifeed fits on to. Does anyone know if its got a proper name.? I will give it a good clean in the week and show it again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Hughes Adaptor Plate for flexible ammunition feed, the Hughes tracking has a sprung loaded fitting on the gun end which slides down over the plate & locks into place, there is a length here awaiting collection....

Hi Bird dog,
    Gremlin and i are trying to fix a date so i can come and pick that up with him. Now the shooting season is over i will have more free time so we will hopefully come and see you soon. Any ideas what the big piece of wreckage with the numbers on could be?
    Andy

Any ideas on this? (dont say its a tree)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Last up for tonight is this. Its some kind of strap maybe? It hasnt got any part numbers on but hopefully someone will know what it is.

?

Hello 381st, the big stainless piece with the seam looks loke the exhast from a B17 supercharger. Look for pics of the underside of an engine nacelle, behind the big round spinny thing.

?

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    Can someone help me find out what this is? Its got the part number 6652078-fw .50 is for size. Thankyou
    Supercharger vent.
    Will see if I can pull the part number for further info, my complete one is in the barn at the moment.

?

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    Last up for tonight is this. Its some kind of strap maybe? It hasnt got any part numbers on but hopefully someone will know what it is.
    I've got one of those straps right here in front of me, 12" long, still haven't quite identified it yet.
    Mine has some of the printed part number on it under the stubborn scale.

Will see if it shows up in the parts book.

BTW, I think I have a lower cap for your ditching light somewhere in the mobile display.

Hello mate,

Well done for taking some in ground shots i really enjoy seeing them, Nice spoon and other bits. I can't belive you have found 70 tags that must be a world record do you have them all up on display?

Cheers

John

Thanks Paul & Ian for ID,ing that one for me.
    John,
    I carry the tags around with me when im out digging because the farmer and his game keeper like to see the stuff iv dug up. I was going to get them framed but i havent got round to it yet. I will lay them out and get a couple of shots of the whole collection for you.
    Andy

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast