Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11

Article about: Hi everyone iv been back at it again. Today i took some pictures as they came out the ground sorry there not very good i was useing a phone cam. lots of photos to come so keep poping back. H

Default re: Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11

Great finds Andy well done I love the trench art piece of plexi a lovely unique find.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

WOW! that trench art peice is cracking. Keep up the good one mate

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    Hi everyone,
    In the next couple of days there will be some REALLY REALLY neet finds comeing up on this thread from Gremlin we just have to wate for him to clean them!! Come on mate the wate is killing me
    Hi Andy, apologies for the delay in posting ... What follows are some pictures of some nice finds that emerged from a dump that served a B-17 base close to Cambridge (that narrows it down a bit ...).

After 2 hours of digging up the usual toothbrushes, aftershave bottles and .50 casings I saw a red PL-354 jack plug sticking out of the side of my hole .... I resisted the temptation to pull it and dug around it carefully and retrieved what was left of an HB-17 headband with Type ANB-H-1 receivers ... This was followed in quick succession by a T-30-S throat mic complete with cable & plug - and even a piece of the neck band - an SW-141-C push to talk box (with all its cabling & plugs) manufactured by Rauland Corp, USA and last, but not least an A-10 oxygen mask complete with microphone and oxygen tube (detached) ....

Anyway, suffice to say ... I was quite happy ....

The oxygen mask is in fairly good nick ... considering its been underground for the best part of 70 years ... does anybody have any suggestions for care of ground dug rubber items ... ?

All the best,
    Gremlin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Simon, We are going to fall out!!!!!
    Im glad you got round to posting mate these are great finds i just wish i had of been there to see them come out the ground for the first time in 65+ years.
    Great stuff thanks for posting.
    Andy

Lucky & WH.
    Thanks for your comments guys the problem is now iv cleaned it up you cant really see the "art work" I will have to display this piece on a dark background to get the best out of it.
    All the best Andy

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    Simon, We are going to fall out!!!!!
    No Andy ... its a big site with more than enough good finds for the both of us .... just make sure that if you find an Old Spice bottle ... don't let me know!!

Best thing to use on old rubber is Silicone grease. At least it will keep it supple enough to keep for a while.

WOW! even more cool stuff. Keep up the good work

Hear are a couple more bits.
    First up is what i think is the laminate part of a laminated window from a B17 ball turret. But im not 100% sure. Gremlin found this and didnt want it so i adopted it

Next is what we think is the top of an ammunition pania. (Not sure about the spelling)

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Excellent finds. I know there is a face mask in my dump somewhere, as well as a few dogtags, they've just eluded my search so far. However, like you I have retrieved a T30 throat mic from my dump

Keep up the good work !

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Excellent finds. I know there is a face mask in my dump somewhere, as well as a few dogtags,
    Steve T
    Thanks Steve, if our dumpsites are anything to go by your dump should contain more than a few dogtags ... between the two of us Andy and I have recovered more than 100 from our various 8th Air Force dump sites ... all of ours have been found with spade, sieve and lots of back-breaking digging ...
    Gremlin

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast