Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11

Article about: Hi everyone iv been back at it again. Today i took some pictures as they came out the ground sorry there not very good i was useing a phone cam. lots of photos to come so keep poping back. H

?

Default re: Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11

For crying out loud , youve got a good looking aircrew flak helmet there, get it out, display it, it looks lonely lol

Dave,

Sorry mate i didnt see you reply to the picture. The flak helmet and the water bottle are the only things in the photo i didnt dig myself and clearly the M3 wasnt dug at all. Its a bit of a scruffy one so it looks neet with the relics. My new newest one is mint with webbing ear pads and full flocking and gets better looked after.

Andy

?

I saw one at WAP on Sunday, had a large dent in the top, no padding at all , and most of the paint was gone, guy wanted £125, no way

Sadly for people who dont have one they do tend to make that kind of money. I got hold of 2 last year and now i have a top condition one i will be posting my (old ones) for sale on this forum when i get time to post them.
    See here US M-3 Anti flak helmets

I went out on my own on Friday and Simon & i were out yesterday and this is the result no big finds this time but some nice stuff all the same.
    The pen has a name on it H GROVES.
    The silver I-D. Bracelet is nice and has name and number on it His name was Roy Minnick.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11   Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  
    Last edited by 381st digger; 08-07-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Thats better photos are working again.

Good to see your out finding again good stuff!

I had to laugh at the picture of your cuboard with your oxygen bottle balancing ontop of all your relics

John

Andy,
    You've got some nice finds there, well worth the effort. I like the named pen its very unique and that silver braclet is a belter. The compass box is cool now you'll have to find a compass to go in it. Funny but Ive also found a few of those stone flagons on WW2 tips but mine were the plain unembossed type usually made during the war. By the style of embossing on yours Im certain it was manufactured pre WW2 perhaps in 1920's. But being a useful storage vessel they were reused over and over again usually until damaged.
    Keep up the good work looking forward to your next batch of finds.
    Cheers
    LUCKY

In the picture above the pens you have the remains of a USAF folding machette. John.

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    Good to see your out finding again good stuff!

I had to laugh at the picture of your cuboard with your oxygen bottle balancing ontop of all your relics

John
    Hi John,
    Do you know that had sat up there just fine for ages but when i came home from the W&P show it had fallen off and i cant get it to stay there now so its new home is on the floor. Why couldnt they have been square.

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Andy,
    You've got some nice finds there, well worth the effort. I like the named pen its very unique and that silver braclet is a belter. The compass box is cool now you'll have to find a compass to go in it. Funny but Ive also found a few of those stone flagons on WW2 tips but mine were the plain unembossed type usually made during the war. By the style of embossing on yours Im certain it was manufactured pre WW2 perhaps in 1920's. But being a useful storage vessel they were reused over and over again usually until damaged.
    Keep up the good work looking forward to your next batch of finds.
    Cheers
    LUCKY
    Lucky,
    The pen is really smart and with abit of tinkering i think i can get it going again. The bracelet belonged to an armorer and is really crudley done maybe thats why it got thrown away.??
    Thanks for the info on the flagon i dont really know anything about them. My Mum has stolen it off me and its now sitting in the farmhouse fireplace for the summer.

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    In the picture above the pens you have the remains of a USAF folding machette. John.
    John,
    Your spot on mate here's a photo of it next to a whole one.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some nice US 8th Airforce finds 30/1/11  

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast