Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer

Article about: by Nick VR Hi Stuka f Perhaps, I haven't decided yet if I would go this year. I went three years in a row without buying anything of value. I'll let you know... Greetz Nick VR I do'nt think

Default Re: Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi Stuka f

Perhaps, I haven't decided yet if I would go this year. I went three years in a row without buying anything of value.

I'll let you know...

Greetz

Nick VR
    I do'nt think to find enything there as well, it is just a trip to me.

Default Re: Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer

Quote by Rick View Post
    Thanks for that Nick, it all makes sense now, are those awards rare?? i susspect there were not many with 2 awards, very dangerous.

Rick
    It is THE medal that speaks the most to the imagination to me.
    Pretty rare award it is, yes.
    There are some pictures with a guy having a sleeve to short to put them all on.
    Stuka yes i got the pm chin up and hope you get out asap.
    I get liberated tomorrow! (I hope!)
    Cheers

?

Quote by Rick View Post
    Thanks for that Nick, it all makes sense now, are those awards rare?? i susspect there were not many with 2 awards, very dangerous.
    Stuka yes i got the pm chin up and hope you get out asap.

Rick
    Rick many of these awards were handed out and some men won quite large numbers the silver was for 1 and the gold was for 5 , some guys won golds and then more silvers !!

Knights Cross winners Oberleutnant Gunther Viezenz had 21 kills , Friedrich Anding 18 kills, many frontline combat soldiers had 4 or 5.

The tank kill had to be made in close combat either with grenades , magnetic mines , Hafthohladung or panzerfaust , the award wasn't for Anti Tank gunners
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Rick
    ?

I agree Stuka, it stirs up the imagination all right... a conversation peice for sure, glad your bailing out tomorrow, take it easy tho.
    Rick

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    It wasn't that difficult after all. So here it is. It want be much for the most of you but to me it means a lot. I know the condition is not much but even then I love it.
    Where was it recoverd ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

here he is!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer  

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Where was it recoverd ?
    on eBay

?

Feldwebel Hinrich Ahrens
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer  

1st July 1916

Rick
    ?

Thanks for the info Paul, interesting reading indeed, to achieve that many tank kills at close quater would take nerves of steel, so a well deserved award.

Rick

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Where was it recoverd ?
    Sorry Paul; stupid joke.
    I don't know i will ask the seller, but mostly I do not attache much intrest to it, as it is not to trace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast