Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A spearhead ? Found on east-Europe Battelfield.

Article about: Hi there guys, I need some advice on this relic. We've found it on a ww2 Battlefield, but it really looks like a hand-made cast iron spearhead. Can anyone tell me if I am right? Kr

Default A spearhead ? Found on east-Europe Battelfield.

Hi there guys,

I need some advice on this relic.
    We've found it on a ww2 Battlefield, but it really looks like a hand-made cast iron spearhead.
    Can anyone tell me if I am right?

Kr

A spearhead ? Found on east-Europe  Battelfield.

?

It looks like something you should report to the Ministry of Culture or something like that. Maybe some archaeologist from a National Museum. When we diggers find things like this we should report it to the correct "authority" so they also gain from what we do

Nice find!

Regards, Lars

Well, it really looks like a spear head in bad condition. How old it is - hard to tell. I quess it is better to ask from some detectorist forum. Anyway - a very nice and interesting find.

?

I agree with Lars an Archaeologist may be able to help you with dating it did you make note of the location,depth,and ground conditions were it was found.

Regards Mark K

?

One of the reasons the "detector laws" are fairly light in Denmark, is because people are very good at reporting finds of cultural value. It have been recognized that "real" archaeologists also benefit from amateur archaeologists. You are of course not allowed to search on protected areas and museum grounds I'm Danish btw.

Cheers

I will report it to the local autorithies. I know exactly were and how I have found it. There were more bobs and bits that looked much older. Thanks for the replies!

?

No problem my (our) pleasure. Please let us know how it goes if possible

Cheers

?

Yes this is a good find. A knife or a spearhead. Do not try to remove any rust/corrosion.

Congrats with a dreamfind.

I go for a sword.

So you all agree it is something else then a piece of schrapnel?
    I am trying to look for the right instancy to tell them I found it, but my German really is bad, is there someone that can help us out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast