Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS items found in Lapland

Article about: Here are some SS items found this summer in Lapland Finland I also found 2 SS helmets that I will post later ,All items are from the SS Nord , I have added better photos of the dog tag and b

Default SS items found in Lapland

Here are some SS items found this summer in Lapland Finland I also found 2 SS helmets that I will post later ,All items are from the SS Nord , I have added better photos of the dog tag and belt buckles in the SS items part
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS items found in Lapland   SS items found in Lapland  

Nice finds!

Nice Ferdinand Wagner adler with the crossed '7' and open '9'. There are those that claim the crossed 7/open 9 versions are fakes but your bodenfund example further puts that myth to bed.

Please compare with my non-crossed '7', closed '9' example. (also a 'Nord' find)

Yes Glenn nice to see also your eagle with same maker details

good, i like Lappland to.

Jan
    ?

Kradman,

You are digging in Finland ??

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

May I ask why You are retrieving these items? Do You work together with historians or battlefield archaeologists. We have several WW2 conflict archaeology projects going on at the moment in Finland and some of them are associated with the battlefields of the North. I sincerely hope You would contact me so we could work together. I donĀ“t mean to sound offending but I hope that You understand the historical (and archaeological) aspects of your digging.

best,

jan

nice finds.

Hi Jan
    I work with a group looking for War dead from the Finnish and Russian army on both sides of the boarder to return the dead home ,a lot of the items we find go to local museums

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi Jan
    I work with a group looking for War dead from the Finnish and Russian army on both sides of the boarder to return the dead home ,a lot of the items we find go to local museums
    Krad, I read about that in a local newspaper published in Rovaniemi a while back. Is there a place where I can perhaps apply?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast