Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

?

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Okay, guys.
    I wanna tell You that Gumrak is really good place. Finds dug up there. summer 2009
    The disc you posted here is a nice one- and it fits incredibly with the transparent plotting layover sheet; Bb25 refers to Beobachtungs-Abteilung 25- they were artillery observers so used such things as the layover sheet on maps for plotting positions on maps to call in artillery fire. The unit is listed as destroyed in Stalingrad 15.1.1943 with the 305. Infanterie-Division.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hi guys,
    I want to inform you that despite the cold weather, we dig.
    The 2nd February is a day when the 6th German army was extermination at Stalingrad. Exactly in the day I went with friends to dig into the steppe. We found an interesting German bunker. There was ground froze at 10 inches. The air temperature was 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-15 degrees Celsius). This work was very difficult. But for us it was a good day,really, we dug up a good things: The Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords and 1939 Spange to the Iron Cross 1st Class 1914
    Spanish Cross in the operation had been damaged and as seen in the picture the German soldier was trying to repair it but broke the hairpin and cast the cross.

Stalingrad inimitable )))
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Last edited by Sebastien; 03-30-2010 at 01:23 AM.

This is a beautiful find!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

Great work Sebastian , super finds in such low temps hard work my friend
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    This is a beautiful find!!!
    FANTASTIC!! WELL DONE!!

?

With the hard work you do to find the items You have done well. I love the photos. Please keep posting them when you can.

beautiful finds

Grossman
    ?

WOW AMAZING work man.

Cross medal Must be from a veteran from the Civil War in Spain or maybe a Spanish volunteer from the Spanish Blue Division Division Azul.

Hello.
    Well, today opened the spring season. The land in the steppes still frozen. Able to find little of interest. In the German bunker dug out a bottle of mineral water, without content.
    On the surface of the bottle have a few words: SIBBERS & HEYDEN Apotheke & Mineralwasserfabrik BERGEDORF unverkäuflich
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast