Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

?

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Test post
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Smile Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Hi to everyone,
    Today I was walking in the city of Volgograd (Stalingrad).
    Near my home and my university has some interesting places. I found some German bunkers, they are covered with modern debris, but it is not a barrier.
    After the winter the land is moist and sticks to the shovel. The work was difficult. Not everyone bunkers full I dug up. I want to dig up them in summer, when the dry weather.
    Not a lot of good things I dug up, but it was interesting.
    Finds: a bayonet on a rifle Mosin, kicked for chlorine (packing with disinfecting chlorine), cavalry spurs, broken motorcycle goggles, a bottle of 0.3 liters and other.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

I NEED HELP in the identification of one thing.
    Near the German bunker I dug up the seat. But I do not know what does it seat. The seat was thrown out of the bunker, it is a fact, I think so.
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

HELLO to everyone
    Today I was walking near the place of my mother's work , that in the center of Volgograd (Stalingrad). There is an interesting gully. In the gully I found a small bakelite bottle production in 1940, two years ago .
    I again decided to explore this place.
    I do not have a metal detector this feeling inside me .
    The slope of the ravine attracted me. I dug a small hole and I found some coins. They were two pfeninga, franc and russian kopejka
    I dug a big hole and found the remains of a German soldier.
    He was buried under a pile of household garbage, garbage promptly inserted after the war. Body the soldier was not the feet (may be they were frozen or they can be eaten by dogs after the war). The soldier was stripped. He had no dog tags . Pity the soldier without name.
    I think the soldier is a German. This is a man of medium height, not young.
    I exhumed him. Do not worry about the remains of a German soldier, I know people from official group (Union of German Cross), and soon I will give them the remains of a soldier.

This confirmation THAT IS DIE IN STALINGRAD

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Sebastien, That's something I certainly wouldn't want to find. I'm glad you are seeing to a proper burial for the poor soul. Looks like you went through alot of work but getting the remains properly taken care of is worth the effort I believe.

Mike

Look after that soldier Sebastien. Whoever he is and whatever army he belonged to he deserves a decent burial in a proper grave, not amongst the garbage

Steve T

?

Not an uncommon thing on the Eastern Front guys , remember the MIA's run into hundreds and hundreds of thousands.

Sebastian contact Galina Oreshkina and she will make sure that he is taken to Rossochka and reburied with his Kameraden.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

No dogtag, probably a Russian soldier, they had their ID on paper. Maybe a POW left to die as his comrades could no longer carry the legless man.

Hello.
    The results of the excavations near the village Gumrak.
    Excavated a shallow bunker, there lived Romanian soldiers.

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    I need help.
    Please, tell me what is it:
    (I think this is sight for guns, but I don't know that model).
    its a german canon sight, Anti-tank i think but im not sure.

Page 7 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast