Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Sebastien,
    keep digging...and keep studying, my friend!You're right about the Russian mobsters driving Porsches and other expensive cars and I'm glad that you're having a great time digging in the places where some of the fiercest fightings of WW2 have taken place!
    No...you don't create any danger,on the contrary, many of us do like and follow your thread.We,me for one,couldn't care less if you use a metal detector,if you find heaps of Mausers and MGs or if you even have found a goldmine...it's none of our business and the "Dig Police" can take his crass and useless comments and stick 'em where the sun don't shine!If you and your friends don't want your faces to show you sure have yoiur reasons and you don't have to explain anything to anybody!!!!!
    Please keep posting your amazing finds and remember that with your digging you've contributed to give several fallen soldiers the burial they've been waiting for decades,and that alone is priceless!
    Cheers from Italy
    Manny

Hello everyone. Again I with you, guys!
    I had very big problems at my university, my hobby is one of the reasons for these problems . But now OK, yesterday I passed the first exam of summer session and I will do better...
    Thanks to everyone who supported me. Your words are very dear to me!!!

Today I decided to relax a bit and go check my old place.
    In May, in Volgograd has been a lot of rain and therefore in the steppe, and especially in the ravines lot of mosquitoes .
    Morning and evening it is difficult to work ...
    The results are good. I found a German coin, the first from the ravine German dog tag, 1939 Black Wound Badge, and various military rubbish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

German dog tag: J.Pz.Jag.E.Kp. 227 5616 (ID number)
    Here like a dog tag http://www.emarken.de/marken.php?id=71

That's 'Infanterie-Panzer-Jäger-Ersatz-Kompanie 227', and it was part of Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 227, which usually supplied replacement troops to the field units in the same Wehrkreis. I.E.R. 227 was in Wehrkreis VI, and so was the 371. ID. Unfortunately there's no way to tell just which field unit a soldier might have gone to- it could have been to the 14. (Panzerjäger) Kompanie of any of the three Infanterie-Regimenter (669, 670, or 671) or to Panzerjäger-Abteilung 371.

Thanks to my friend Matt !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Last edited by Sebastien; 06-02-2010 at 03:41 PM.

1939 Black Wound Badge is not in very good condition than the previous ones. This Wound Badge no stamps manufacturer.
    But ... on the reverse side of the Wound Badge stuck the paper. I opened the paper and was surprised. This is a piece of the ticket on the tram Stalingrad .

Last edited by Sebastien; 06-02-2010 at 06:15 AM.

?

great findings go on dug up i support you

Sebastien,
    Good luck with the digging and the rest of your exams.
    Regards to all, Simon.

Hi Sebastien,
    the WA is impressive!
    Tell me...I don't know whether you and your friends have access to a metal detector or not but don't you think that it could be very useful,especially when digging on battlefield where live ammo,especially dangerous ones like artillery and mortar,can be easily un-earthed?Please be VERYcareful with stuff filled with WP (white phosphorus) and grenades...dig carefully and slowly!I know that you and your friends know how to do that but there's no such thing like too much care!
    Congrats for your exams!
    пока
    Manny

Hi Sebastien!

I'm back from travels and glad to see you still digging and posting!
    Well done with the exam and well done with the finds!!! There is more support WORLDWIDE by the looks of things than you realise and many envious eyes too! (Mine are among them)

Martyn.

Well, I and my friend decided to walk into a rest area north of Stalingrad. There were rear positions of Soviet troops. We dug up several Soviet bunkers. We found a Soviet gas mask and a few fragments from projectiles. After the German bunkers that walk was very sad . But we got great experience and a dip in the Volgograd's Reservoir

Page 14 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast