Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 222 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Maj Dad View Post
    Sebastien, after starting to look yesterday or the day before, I just finished the entire thread, and I can only say I envy you. I admire you for sharing all this with so many others, and I respect you for taking care of the dead soldiers. I think you should keep digging. If you don't, these pieces of history will lie beneath the steppes forever, their story lost. We can never know the last minutes of these brave mens' lives, Russian and German alike, but we can remember them and keep them alive in our hearts.

I can't speak for others, but this was worth a donation, which I made even before I had finished. Let's make sure this superb site remains up and running!

Cheers to you Sebastian!
    Welcome to the forum Major. It's good to see that there are some people that read the whole thread and don't instantly condem the guys that go out of their way to share the results of their hard labour with the whole world.

Martyn (Looking forward to the next posts by Sebastien!)

?

After reading a few of Sebastien's post and a few other posts i have joined to this forum.I just finished reading Sebastien post and i wanna say keep up the good work Sebastien dont worry about that dig police i think he is jealous about that you can dig these sites.

Cheers,
    Sinan

?

Nice!

You are so lucky! Looks really interesting! You have a hole Gold mine there!

Keep up the good work!

Kjell.

?

Thanks for sharing - very interesting indeed!

I read the entire thread. "wow!" is all i can say! I am esp. struck by the fact that is seems you can just ~start digging~ "anywhere" and you will find something! Such amazing history no more than 2 feet down in that part of the world!

Sebastian, I wanted to tell you I just read all the way through this thread and found it very interesting! You are very lucky to be able to do this, I would love to go on a dig sometime and find any of this stuff. I'd love to see any items you might find for an MG34, or an MG08 or 08/15; German WWI and WWII MG's, or Russian Maxims. I'm interested in those, and love seeing any of that stuff dug up there! In an article over here, there was a discussion of a German MG08 that is in the museum of the battle in Stalingrad; but nothing of where it was found, or how it came to the museum. Have you seen it?

ccj
    ?

Keep up the posting.

This has been extremely interesting to me and I'm jealous because I cant be there with you.

AIF
    ?

Ive just read this whole thread and all I can say is wow!! You have found some great finds and it looks like you have a lot of fun doing it, keep up the good work mate!! And watch where you are swinging that shovel when youre digging naked might do yourself a terrible injury

?

My Grandpa is KIA in Stalingrad. His last nam is "GrĂ¼nder"

If what with this name find became I would be glad about pictures. Thank you

Hi from Russia)))
    Guys, I'm with you again.
    I wrote a long time because my camera broke and I could not show you my findings.
    One interesting item that I want to show you!
    My friend recently dug up a German stamp.
    I think this stamp is engineers from 16 Panzer Division.
    Is it rare?
    What do You think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Page 19 of 222 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast