Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 222 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Thank you friend! My findings are not particularly interesting, but it gave me pleasure. The place where I dig now did not pleases interesting finds. But ...

Continue ...
    My next exit into the ravine was a little more fruitful.
    Again, I dug up a lot of military garbage. Soviet helmet, a fragment from the German equestrian saddles, broken gas mask, a Romanian dog tag and more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Continue ...
    In late September, I had another campaign in the ravine next to my University.
    Excavations were interesting ...
    I dug a small shovel soldier, the German ammo pouch for rifle, several German gas masks, a detail from the electric cable (Siemens 1939) and Soviet badge. I also found a Infantry Assault Badge in zinc.
    The land was very hard because of that I damaged the sign of my shovel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

The Infantry Assault Badge in zinc has a mark GWL.
    GWL is Gerbruder Weger, Ludenscheid.
    Fresh photos of the sign.

Signs of damage with a shovel and time...

After a little cleaning...

After all the cleaning and restoration.
    Unfortunately the surface has a lot of damage, but the attachment (the needle and the hook) I could restore.

image uploading
    Last edited by Sebastien; 11-17-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Found SOVIET badge Ready for PVHO (Ready for Chemical Defence in USSR), Stalin's organization "osoaviahim". This badge was established in 1935, and some citizens of the USSR get this badge until 1941.
    OSOAVIAKhIM (ОСОАВИАХИМ, Союз обществ содействия обороне и авиационно-химическому строительству СССР, Union of Societies of Assistance to Defence and Aviation-Chemical Construction of the USSR) created on January 27, 1927 by merging the Society of Assistance to Defence (Общество Содействия Обороне (ОСО)), Society of Friends of the Aviation Fleet (Общество друзей Воздушного флота (ОДВФ)) and Society of Friends of the Chemical Defense and Chemical Industry (Общество друзей химической обороны и химической промышленности (Доброхим СССР)).
    The badge was in bad condition, the entire surface was rust. But I cleared this badge.
    In the photo the badge after cleaning.

Last edited by Sebastien; 11-17-2010 at 03:49 PM.

I also found the sight of the German ZF-41, but this sight in a bad condition.
    In the photo from the place of the excavation, you can see it.
    Photos of subject after cleaning, I'll post later.

Always great to see your finds mate , cheers Raymond

Continue ...
    Several trips to the steppe were absolutely poor in finds.
    Here's an interesting walk in my "famous" ravine ...
    I dug up a lot of different iron: tin cans, pieces of metal, large shells, fragments of gas masks and other military shit (excuse me).

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Once again I found the stripe on the shoulder straps, Lieutenant Romanian Army.
    I found the button, this button is owned by a soldier from the Romanian artillery.
    I dug up a fragment Hat badge for Romanian Air Force ground troops.
    I also found the tip for fountain pens. This tip is made of silver and coated with gold. On the surface there is the inscription: Made in USA.

Sebastien. It is ALWAYS a pleasure to see the fruits of your labours. Once again I (and I'm sure I speak for many, many others), thank you for sharing the history you recover!

Well done young man!

Martyn.

Page 21 of 222 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast