Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 222 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Sebastien if you ever find anything relating to Infanterie Regt 15 , Infanterie Regt 71 or with 29 on it please let me know ,

cheers

Paul
    Well, when I will dig position 29. Infanterie-Division (mot) and if I find a dog tags... I'll tell you!

Continue ...
    That I dug in late November.

Maybe my photos without interesting finds, but I want to share with you all my travels to the field of battle for Stalingrad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Finds: eraser and Romanian stripe sergeant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Well, when I will dig position 29. Infanterie-Division (mot) and if I find a dog tags... I'll tell you!
    Thanks Sebastien
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Fantastic finds and better to be found than left for knowone to wonder about and enjoy...what history!

?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    WOW!!!
    I understood that the soldiers of KAV.ERS.ABT.11 came in 44 Infantry Division, 100 light-infantry (Jäger) Division and 297 Infantry Division.
    Now I'm digging in the south of Stalingrad, where during the encirclement fought near 371 th and 297 th Infantry Divisions.
    I think in a ravine, where I dig all many units were mixed: the Germans and Romanians.
    Too bad- that throws doubt on my identification LOL Well at least it makes it harder to suggest one of the three best possibilities as most likely- certainly it's reasonable to expect that men were continually moving more and more together and surely there was movement between units, especially like units.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Continue ...
    Another result of short-day dig ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Is this private land you dig on? Any problem with the authorities? And do you have to turn over your finds to someone or just get to keep them? Ron

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Is this private land you dig on? Any problem with the authorities? And do you have to turn over your finds to someone or just get to keep them? Ron
    Don't worry...
    I rarely dig on private land. When I dig on private land, then I try negotiate with the owner or I dig in night.
    All my finds I leave by myself. Many of my finds I present to the Museum School, school where I studied.

Thanks for the reply Sebastien. I like the part "or I dig at night". Makes it a little more difficult I guess. Ron

Page 28 of 222 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast