Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 222 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Jerome View Post
    Hello Sebastien,

From time to time I follow the Verein zur Bergung Gefallener in Osteuropa, Verein zur Bergung Gefallener in Osteuropa

They are searching for the nameless dead, who lay without commemorative stones in the mass graves of War or were buried somewhere as individuals and are considered as missing. They want to restore people to their name, which was taken from them over 60 years ago.
    Gr,
    Jerome
    Hello,
    Well, I know them too

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Maybe next winter we'll come South to dig with you in Stalingrad Sebastein ??
    In this summer I must go to the Army of Russian Federation
    So at next winter I'll be in the army

Continue ...
    This photo was taken on January 6. This is last day of my marathon in the excavation (from January 1 to January 6).
    Do you remember when I dug with my friend? We found the tram rail.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...1070391-8-.jpg
    I dug up this. The rail production of English company BARROW STEEL, made in 1875 I think this rail from the tramway of the city Stalingrad, this was built in the early 20 th century.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Also this day, I dug up: a different garbage and scabbard for the bayonet 98k...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Sebastien you are so lucky to be able to dig all this stuff!!! all I can find is old nails and tin cans

James

?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    In this summer I must go to the Army of Russian Federation
    So at next winter I'll be in the army
    Sebastien that's bad news my friend , first no digging and second it's not much fun in the Russian Army !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I finish my story about the winter excavation.
    These excavation were 9 th and 10th of February. At this time the soil is deeply frozen and so I used a crowbar.
    9 February, At first I dug up а Romanian dog tag. Also I found a Romanian coin and other military rubbish...

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

I allways look foward to what you will find next thanks for your posts.

ERIC

10th of February, was not a good day ... interesting find only one I found a Romanian coin ... and the eternal companion of mine excavations is different military rubbish.
    White object looks like to the ink, but I'm not sure ...

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    10th of February, was not a good day ... interesting find only one I found a Romanian coin ... and the eternal companion of mine excavations is different military rubbish.
    White object looks like to the ink, but I'm not sure ...
    Aluminum is a metal piece for winding wires...

Page 36 of 222 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast