Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 222 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Poor 1240, first he gets wounded, then he looses his plate and spoon, and lastly he gets killed.

Quote by Vonforhud View Post
    Poor 1240, first he gets wounded, then he looses his plate and spoon, and lastly he gets killed.

May be, but the spoon is mine find

Here is finds...
    This german hand grenades M24 from my friend, he living near the Don River.
    He dug up three grenade boxes. Grenades in good condition, you can see that.
    But he gave to me two hand grenades for the restoration...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Nice grenades !!!

Excellent, atlichna
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Fantastic plate! Amazing it survived. Your friend made ok! The grenades were in super shape too.Ya gotta bring your metal detector along with you when you go into the Army Sebastien. If they were to let you. Ron

Great finds as always, such a shame you have to waste digging time when you are in the army, how long do you have to serve? Two years?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    In this summer I must go to the Army of Russian Federation
    So at next winter I'll be in the army
    Just catching up with your work Sebastien and found this!

When you do go, take care yeah? I'm sure you'll be taking all our best wishes with you.

Meantime.... KEEP POSTING!!!

Martyn.
    (p.s. PM)

Hello everyone from Stalingrad
    Today, after my studies at university, I went digging. In the ravine during the Battle of Stalingrad were German and Romanian military forces. I found the bunker and dug it. In it I found coins, a sign of injury, the bar: Cross of Military Merit with Swords, and "For the winter campaign in the east of 1941/42, ring, dog tag Romanian soldiers, the seat of the motorcycle and other military items.
    Hello Sebastien,
    All the above photos definitely depict belongings of a Romanian officer (most probably a 2nd Lt. Infantry). Those are 1 LEU (Romanian currency then, and now as well) and 5 LEI coins. If I recall, Gumrak was also an airfield, and there were Romanian airmen (fighter planes squadrons) and infantry and flak troops defending the airfield. I am Romanian and very much into collecting WWII relics myself. I must admit I was touched about your findings (for obvious reasons). Please let me ask you kindly to take good care of all those findings, on behalf of that soldier's mother that never seen him again. Romanians, as former enemies, might be blamed for their participation on the war in the East but those were the times...and we cannot anymore judge the past. Just take note of it and avoid such things from happening again. Appreciate your work as well. You can, if you want, keep me posted on other similar findings, just for information purposes. Dan Radu/Bucharest - Romania

Hi again Sebastien,
    Here are the meanings for the lettering on a Romanian dog-tag:
    - C.R. stands for CENTRU DE RECRUTARE, i.e. the place where the soldier was drafted (recruited) from.
    - CTG (not CTR), stands for CONTINGENT, i.e. the year the soldier was recruited. This particular one shows 938 (i.e. 1938)
    - MATR. stands for MATRICOLA, that is for identification number.
    - REG means the REGIMENT where the soldier was from.
    Please let me know about any other clarification concerning Romanian Army's names, ranks, etc. I am a 2nd Lt. Armored Corps (reserve) myself.
    Cheers, Dan.

Hi everybody! After classes at my University I went to dig into the familiar ravine. Today was a good day. I found three Romanian dog tags, coins of different countries, the label on cigarettes WUK Schutzmarke, Russian silver coin 1924 , the stud with rune and more.
    Dear Sebastian,

I dare ask you (if it's not too much, of course): could you please do me (and eventually to other relatives that may be alive) a huge favor, i.e. photo all the Romanian dog tags you found (and I am sure you kept) front and reverse, so I could eventually try and identify the soldiers?
    Again, I can understand a negative answer, no bother, but I thought it was worth asking.
    Many thanks in anticipation for your efforts. You can send a private message or a public one, I don't mind.
    Regards, Dan.

Page 38 of 222 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast