Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 222 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

And I know that pieces of aluminum ( https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-p1000333.jpg ), it is the seals on the packaging for the German shells. 15 cm guns.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

I have advice from friends that this buckle from German stretchers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

No problem Sebastien.....pleased I could be of help in ID some of your finds

Steve T

This find https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-p1000344.jpg
    is Italian production of vermouth, aperitifs, wines. ROSSI is a brand
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

My friend dug up a German newspaper and other papers.
    I absolutely do not speak German. If you know what is written on these pieces of newspaper, please tell me.
    Thanks.

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Today, dug in the ravine.
    Again dug up the spoon-hand made.

Was that a dud (and very dangerous ) 8.8cm projectile sticking out of the soil? I also saw a live 20mm MINE projectile... I am sure you know how to deal with these things....

Amazing that newspaper survived as well as it did Sebastien. Great find! But alas...I don't speak German either. Ron

Quote by hassiman View Post
    Was that a dud (and very dangerous ) 8.8cm projectile sticking out of the soil? I also saw a live 20mm MINE projectile... I am sure you know how to deal with these things....
    Yes, I know. I quickly leave the place of excavation

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Amazing that newspaper survived as well as it did Sebastien. Great find! But alas...I don't speak German either. Ron

My friend dug Soviet fire extinguisher near the airfield Gumrak. This fire extinguisher was wrapped up in this German newspaper. German newspaper dating back to August 1942. There are Soviet propaganda newspaper for September 2, 1942.

?

Sebastien your paper contains a Death notice for Gustav Elmer KIA on the East front 14/6/1942 at the age of 27 years 5 months.

A reference to Major Georg Briel , and the award to him of the Knights Cross by the Fuhrer , he was commander of a FLAK Btl in the Western desert , this section also mentions of EL Alamein.

An account of Flying missions over England ,plus some sort of souvenir from Egypt.

Georg Briel won the RK 23/7/1942 as Kommandeur HeeresFlakBtl 606 in North Africa

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 45 of 222 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast