Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 222 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Where are the body?

?

dont dug up too much friend until june 01

Hi everyone here
    Today I worked with my friend (owner of detector E-Trac). We dug in a ravine where he dug up the stamp sapper Group https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-p1020291.jpg .
    For me this is a new place and new finds
    When we arrived at place of excavation I immediately found hole of military rubbish.
    A lot tin cans, bottles and tubes of toothpaste. Also, I found the Soviet & Polish coins, the cover of a pocket watch (the inscription of the South-Don Railway № 37) and other...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

more photos
    My friend found an interesting piece of aluminum (this is curtain of a carbide lamp)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

This curtain of a carbide lamp. German soldiers made a tag ​​of this piece of aluminum. On the surface there are words:
    Pionier
    Fritz ____

Interesting, is not it?

Last edited by Sebastien; 04-15-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Also I found the keys. This finding a surprise to me . Car keys (I think so) from GM. What you think, this is old keys or it was make after the WW2?

The keys are period. Briggs & Stratton produced ignition systems for many American manufacturers and associated automobile/truck manufacturers before, during and after the war.

These could well be the ignition starter keys for an Opel Blitz 3 tonne truck. Opel was part of the General Motors group back then, as it still is today.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Once again you've made some wonderful finds. I like the toothpaste tubes and the modified carbide lamp shutter, if only they could talk what stories they'd tell. The keys are interesting finds, they could be from an American supplied lorry (I note they say made in USA) could they have been used by the Russian forces?.
    As an aside I heard that after the war General Motors successfully sued the American Government for destruction of their plants in Germany by bombing. I dont know how much the US Government had to pay out for the damage but its amazing GM got anything.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Once again you've made some wonderful finds. I like the toothpaste tubes and the modified carbide lamp shutter, if only they could talk what stories they'd tell. The keys are interesting finds, they could be from an American supplied lorry (I note they say made in USA).
    Could they have been used by the Russian forces?
    As an aside I heard that after the war General Motors successfully sued the American Government for destruction of their plants in Germany by bombing. I dont know how much the US Government had to pay out for the damage but its amazing GM got anything.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    I don't know exactly.

Frits Gross? I think its a German Double S

Page 47 of 222 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast