Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

My finds: Two large shells for the German howitzer 15 cm sFH 18; German ammo pouch in a bad condition, two gun ramrod of a rifle Mosin-Nagant.

Yet on the field, near the hole other Rus diggers, I found a shell .
    Bad guys dug up this staff and thrown away. This is very dangerous! I have not touched this shell.
    If you have a diagram of the shell then show me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Hi Sebastien, I'm curious, how many guys do you think are involved in digging in Stalingrad these days? I guess there are 'professional' diggers who make it their living and also 'amatuer' diggers who do it for extra cash on the weekends?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hi Sebastien, I'm curious, how many guys do you think are involved in digging in Stalingrad these days? I guess there are 'professional' diggers who make it their living and also 'amatuer' diggers who do it for extra cash on the weekends?
    There are many other diggers...

And today, I dug in a ravine, a little time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

And once again I dug the bunker ... and again my legs were buried.
    Dig the wet sand = this is hell
    Look at my little hole ...

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    And once again I dug the bunker ... and again my legs were buried.
    Dig the wet sand = this is hell
    Look at my little hole ...

I laugh at themselves. Lots of work = little finds

Thats quite some hole you dug there! I should be able to see you from space with google earth!

Greetings!

Firstly, I would like to say that this is an amazing thread. I've read every page and still can't get enough. Thank you Sebastien.

Secondly, thanks go out to all those who've supported him, answered his questions, and defended him when attacked. Well done!

Lastly, Good job Sebastien, especially when dealing with the dead and contacting those involved in putting to final rest those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for their countries.

Cheers!

Mike

BTW, you mentioned "Dig the wet sand = this is hell" I'll bet good money that some German probably said the same thing 69 years ago.

Hello Sebastien
    I read that you found some 2 kav ers abt 11 dogtags. My grandfather was in 1 kav ers abt 11, and I wonder if this was near where you are. Unfortunatly died my grandfather before I could ask him about the war, but I have most of his uniform and all the medals and the dogtag.

[QUOTE but I have most of his uniform and all the medals and the dogtag.[/QUOTE]
    Is there any chance you will make a post whit your grandfathers stuff ? that woud be realy nice

Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast