Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

?

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Nice finds mate, all except that nasty looking thing with big jaws, that would turn me right off, im afraid it would be size 10 verses scorpion,

I'm with Dave on that one!!! Lend you a size 11 though.

Looking forward to the pics Sebastien!

Martyn.

My friend dug only entrance to a German bunker.
    The first finds:
    Bosch type fuse, wall clock, ink jar, many bottles of champagne and wine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

During the excavation dug more he finds:
    four-sided star, I think this is a Christmas decoration. Empty packages of powder for mortar. Different bottles of perfume. Light bulbs, cartridges. Anti-Gas cape bag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

The most interesting finding:
    Soviet pepper castor. This is of table service, the dining room of the Red Army.
    This is all the finds that we have found there. Maybe the next time we'll dig there.

Today I walked around the surrounding area, not far from the city.
    I continue to show the locals, today I saw a Praying Mantis.

Very embarrassing. Look a lot of garbage, people litter where they live and it's bad, but it happens very often.

Hi Sebastien,
    Its always a pleasure to view the relics you recover and read your comprehensive reports. I love the old clock, its also interesting to see your pictures of the surrounding area and the wild life as well.
    Good luck with the Army I hope the time passes quickly and you're back amongst us soon to continue with your excavations.
    You take care and keep your head down.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi Sebastien,
    Its always a pleasure to view the relics you recover and read your comprehensive reports. I love the old clock, its also interesting to see your pictures of the surrounding area and the wild life as well.
    Good luck with the Army I hope the time passes quickly and you're back amongst us soon to continue with your excavations.
    You take care and keep your head down.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thank you for your kind words!
    Regards!

Today I dug up the bunker, that is 20 km from the city.
    I dug the bunker completely. Inside the bunker there was little finds.
    I found a Soviet ID capsule. Inside the capsule was not note.

After I began to dig where my opinion to stop .
    And I'm not mistaken. I found a few finds, but I'm happy
    I found a glass, can you know what is this?

Today my friend called me and told me that He dug up a large German bunker.
    He said that there were many burned documents in the bunker
    On some documents, was writing: Inf.Reg.517 . This infantry regiment of 295 Infantry Division. The division fought on Mamaev Hill. That's cool!
    The bunker was the headquarters or office. It is near Gumrak.

On the roof of the bunker he found 1939 Black Wound Badge.
    In the bunker, he dug a safe or steel box.
    Inside the steel box were burned documents and German coins. (Russian coin found near the bunker.)
    The date on the document: winter 1940 and spring 1941.

My friend will dig there in the future

Page 55 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast