Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 222 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Terzio View Post
    Looking marking "Dos Leones" in Spanish of your spoon, I could find this brand manufactured handguns, ammunition, knives .... made ​​in Argentina ¡¡¡, congratulations on your excellent work, greetings from Spain,Andy.
    Hello Andy,
    I'm glad you think.
    But I thought this a teaspoon from France. In France was Restaurant "Dos Leones"

Quote by paulus View Post
    it was a great trip for me dont care about not finding an interesting item it was nice to meet up with sebastien thats all
    Paulus permission to publish some photos from his travels.
    This is my little work with old photos....

The first photo was taken near the Volga hydroelectric station. In the afternoon of August 23 the 14th Tank Corps from the 6th Army Wehrmacht reached the Volga in this area.

The second photo was taken near Volgograd Tractor Plant...

The third photo was taken on Mamaev Hill. In the background image seen my place of residence. This district is called the "the second kilometer." September 17, 1942 this place was occupied by troops of 295 Infantry Division.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Last edited by Paul D; 02-22-2019 at 09:28 PM.

it was a great trip for me dont care about not finding an interesting item it was nice to meet up with sebastien thats all
    More...
    This is the Stalingrad grain silo. Very heavy fighting was over the building.
    Soviet Marines fought in the building...

This photo was taken in the city center. This place is far from the prison. During the Battle of Stalingrad in the building of prisons was the headquarters 51 army corps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  
    Last edited by Sebastien; 07-30-2011 at 07:42 AM.

I want to thank the parents of this forum.
    I met with Paulus on the forum last year and now our family friends.

Photo was taken at the memorial cemetery near the village of Rossoshka.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Sebastien,

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Even the trivial artifacts make the war come to life.

Regarding work, or the lack thereof; look on the bright side... at least your an engineer.

Cheers!

Mike

BTW, I'm following a fascinating thread on the Axis History that describes civilian life in occupied Soviet Union in photos & documents

[url=http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=168220[/url]

Lots of interesting photos of day to day life for the German soldier and the Soviet civilians.

I highly recommend it

Beautiful sunset and countryside. Am glad to see you're not Totally into digging up old fields! (I am assuming that is Definitely Not "Paulus" in the photo...lol) William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

of course i am not real paulus its just my nickname

Quote by Calculon View Post
    Sebastien,
    Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Even the trivial artifacts make the war come to life.
    Regarding work, or the lack thereof; look on the bright side... at least your an engineer.
    Cheers!
    Mike
    BTW, I'm following a fascinating thread on the Axis History that describes civilian life in occupied Soviet Union in photos & documents

Axis History Forum • View topic - Civilian life in occupied Soviet Union in photos & documents

Lots of interesting photos of day to day life for the German soldier and the Soviet civilians.
    I highly recommend it
    Thanks Mike.
    Really a very large thread. I looked at everything.
    Lots of photos from the Ukraine and central Russia, it is not interesting for me.
    There I saw no pictures from the south of Russia. Sometimes residents the rivers Don and Kuban well welcomed German troops.
    Like in the picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

most of the ukrainien people welcomed German troops in their country i dont know why

of course i am not real paulus its just my nickname
    You're not Really Field Marshall Paulus?? I'm shocked proper! lol Actually, I was referencing Sebastien's lovely sunset viewing companion,is all! I believe it is mandatory in Russia when in such company, that one must view colorful sunsets when available! Or so I've Heard,anyway...lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 59 of 222 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 159 ... LastLast