Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 72 of 222 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 172 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Im only guessing but reading through the whole thread, Sebastien was called up into the Russian Army in Sept 2011 but when he got there they didnt need him so the call up was deferred. As he's been quiet for a while now Im wondering if he's now in the Army.
    Im sure we'll hear when he has time.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thanks so much Luckystrike, I noticed long gaps somtimes between Seb's posts, Your most likely right, probably a full time soldier !!!

?

As LUCKSTRIKE said, i think the Army said he did not have to go. But i also think i remember that he was finishing an education or something. Things steal time from digging. If i had the time i would go much more often. Now it is too cold, even down in Stalingrad. Seb digs in open country and that can not be fun at the moment in -15 -30 and there is always a very irritating wind here when it's cold.

In this weather i always come to think of soldiers in the war here, without proper clothing. I can't understand how they survived.

Sorry guys,
    I can not answer to you
    I'm busy for a long time. I work, I am the surveyor. I'm trying to make money, but it is very difficult for me.
    I did not stop digging. In the future I will post pictures of my finds ...

regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Sorry guys,
    I can not answer to you
    I'm busy for a long time. I work, I am the surveyor. I'm trying to make money, but it is very difficult for me.
    I did not stop digging. In the future I will post pictures of my finds ...

regards
    Great to hear from you again Seb! Do you know if / when you will be going to the Army yet? I look forward to seeing your new finds, all the best from England

Hi Sebastien,

Surveying is a great part of civil engineering. My son is also studying to be a Civil Engineer here in the "States". Buildings, bridges and Roads and some such.
    I noticed that there was a magazine loader and some G41 mags I think. Did you have a chance to ID same? Great things you are doing and finding. Keep up the great work and best wishes in your career field and hopefully permanent deferment from the Army.

Dasvedanya and Dobrea Noche tovareesh,

-Jaeger

?

You have been busy with your shovel. I hope you found something in that hole. Never wear steel toe cap boots when metal detecting.

?

Quote by ian_ View Post
    You have been busy with your shovel. I hope you found something in that hole. Never wear steel toe cap boots when metal detecting.
    Correct. In sub zero temperatures it's also a very bad idea.

Quote by Andreas View Post
    Very nice! Keep up the good work!
    Quote by ott351 View Post
    just spent 2 or 3 hrs on this thread. incredible work Sebastien! Hope you keep digging and not have to go into the army. Heard that's not fun...
    your hard work has paid off!

Quote by lex76 View Post
    Datrus - do you use a metal detector, or just go by 'gut'?
    Seb seens to hit the jackpot without one.... but i guess in and around Volgo that's not too hard if you know where to look...?
    Quote by KradSpam View Post
    AWESOME thread. I just spent a whole afternoon hammering this. Excellent work Comrade
    Quote by bader40 View Post
    what an amazing thread sebastien..... probably the best 3 hours of my life have been spent reading it!!!!!! keep up the good work
    Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    As everyone agrees, this is an amazing thread to look through !
    But it's also interesting for those of us who read about the battle of Stalingrad to see just what the surrounding countryside actually looks like......
    Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Hey Sebastian, im really loving this post. Keep up the great work. You have done so well with all the soldiers being found and givin proper burial's. Look forward to more pics. Well done ( from Austraia)!!!!
    Many thanks for your opinion about my topic!!

Quote by lex76 View Post
    - How do you know where to go and search for these old bunkers, do you have maps, or is this word-of-mouth from locals?
    A.
    I use maps and aerial photos from the Internet. I read the memoirs of soldiers. I travel a lot around the city. And communicate with friends, they too are searching for relics ...

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Do you know when you will be going to the Army?
    I will not go into the army. Doctors have found a problem with my health....

Page 72 of 222 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 172 ... LastLast