Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 222 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    One interesting item from the field of dislocation 71 Infantry Division...
    One digger dug up this metal road pointer (Quartiermeister Abteilung) where I dug.
    Condition is very bad but oxalic acid helped to me.
    Hi Andrey:
    Check out these pictures from a Battalion metal pennant for the 733 Heavy Artillery Battalion. I havent done
    anything to clean it yet, I think I will use Oxalic acid as you did and see if it improves the looks of the sign.
    Bob32268
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

again i make money for coming to volgograd missed so much everywhere see you soon
    Last edited by paulus; 02-25-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: wrong writing

Hi Sebastien, it took me some time to read all this thread ... but it was very interesting and I can just admit that you did a quite amazing job !

I'm looking forward to see your future finds, those artifacts of the soldiers lives in one of the most terrible campaigns of the second world war.

Thanks for all.

?

Wow...I can not imagine any other hobby more exciting than yours !!! Congratulations and thank for posting!!

?

I haven't read the whole thread therefore please excuse me if this question has already been answered. What happens to the dog tags which you find?

Quote by Lysya View Post
    What happens to the dog tags which you find?
    Something I have given to the museum, something I keep for my collection, something selling...

Not much good digging right now then Seb? I hope the thaw comes soon

I did some diggin in Bleiburg Austria where the Croatian Army surrendered to the British. They were massacred after being handed over to the communists. Found a lot of shells in a very short time. I hear Slovenia is the place to find Croatian relics as they dumped items as they retreated, and then as they were killed items were lost. However, you need to know where to look.

That's only a little bit of snow ! Get digging !

hehehehehehe

?

Hello Seb,

I just completed reading the full thread. Extremely interesting finds you show us all the time. Congrats.

One question arises after seeing all those finds: do you ever find any weapons, i.e. guns, pistols? Now, I could understand if you can't answer this openly for some legal reason. Seeing all the different artifacts incl. even hand grenades and bayonets, I just though that there must be some guns around there too. Or were they more or less all picked up after the Germans surrendered?

Regards and keep up the excellent reports on your digs,

Jerry

Page 78 of 222 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast