Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A surprise town dump find

Article about: Hello all,Its been a while since i posted on here.I hope all faces familiar and new are well. I had a quick dig at a town dump site the other day.Happy to have uncovered a lovely war time er

Default A surprise town dump find

Hello all,Its been a while since i posted on here.I hope all faces familiar and new are well.
    I had a quick dig at a town dump site the other day.Happy to have uncovered a lovely war time era Brylcreem bottle,happier still to have found a .303 lurking inside
    Dated 1944 and stamped DAC VII, removal of the head reveals what appears to be a pencil!
    Brings a whole new meaning to drawing fire
    Thanks for looking.Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A surprise town dump find   A surprise town dump find  

A surprise town dump find   A surprise town dump find  

?

that's a cool piece

I'v had another look at that head stamp and i'm pretty certain its 1914.Does that year tie in with the rest of the stamp? Bit of trench art then perhaps

?

Very interesting Or as Maxwell Smart would say"The old pencil in the bullet trick"

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I used to go bottledigging a lot , as you know those Brylcreem bottles turn up everywhere almost as bad as Marmite & Bovril pots but to find that superb Bullet pencil inside was an incredible find. A very nice item indeed and certainly made that dig worthwhile mate. A great reward after a hard dig , just hope that you didn't have to battle with any clay capping. Well done & well deserved.

I initially thought this was going to be a bullet pencil from the Princess Mary Christmas Tin, but those appear to be different. More basic if you will.