Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

T 34- 76 obr 42 "Sniper" recovered. Then and now

Article about: I think I have posted the pics of the tank recovery, but can't find it. Watch how it was then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydp7MvGKKl0 and now: Tank Museum in Kubinka - YouTube

?

Default T 34- 76 obr 42 "Sniper" recovered. Then and now

I think I have posted the pics of the tank recovery, but can't find it.
    Watch how it was then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydp7MvGKKl0

and now:

Tank Museum in Kubinka - YouTube
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Default Re: T 34- 76 obr 42 "Sniper" recovered. Then and now

Unfortunately they didnĀ“t left the "sniper" on the turret and puted 101 on it. they lost the personality of the tank, now its just some random salvage. IMO

?

Unfortunately as allways, this kind of men did not understand the value of untouched items. If it will be rusty tank restored to this condition- it will be just nice. But any new repaint etc destroys authenticity of the survived and rare examples...
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Exactly. Same fate was on that winter camo Stug what was found years ago, what is now painted some nasty color and engines ect sold. :S

?

And a T- 34 found in Matsjarv, with a Balkenkreuz, ex- Estonian rifle corps tank, which is still in original paint, but as it's stored in the wet room, it's unfortunately the same condition as a Stug you mention. The current owner wish to restore it and show in own museum, but the authenticity of the tank will gone if restored.
    Regards,
    Dimas

I agree with your sentiments. Nice to see it running but not correctly "restored".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!