Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

tank parts?

Article about: here are some finds from last year, in a place where minor scraps happened between german soldiers and Tito partisans.Later on, also US troops passed by. Believe the first object might be a

?

Default tank parts?

here are some finds from last year, in a place where minor scraps happened between german soldiers and Tito partisans.Later on, also US troops passed by.

Believe the first object might be a US tank window (I don't know the exact english word) and the second might be as well a tank tool.It's very heavy and about 170 cm long.

i didn't bring it home yet here.I took these 2 shots in the woods:

Default Re: tank parts?

Hi Matt, the word you are looking for is "Periscope".

The long steel bar looks like the type of tool used as a crow bar to help replace tracks with and pry them into place. I cannot say which army would have used it. But it looks like one of those tools most armies must have used.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I can't say which army can use the tool like that, but it's aproperly done one. The soviets never made such a nice quality tools. ( at the russian language crow-bar is LOM)
    And the Russian saying is " against the crow-bar'n, no any trick's are known"

I belive the crowbar to be German i have seen them on the sides of panzers before