Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is These One Empty Or Not?

Article about: Theres only one safe outcome with these relics, and thats a 4oz stick of PE4. Its just not worth it.

?

Default Is These One Empty Or Not?

Is These One Empty Or Not?

The middle one

Default Re: Is These One Empty Or Not?

Hey Judaz,
    I see you found your way to the forum, one small thing, you should post these items in the ordonance section.
    The rifleling rings are striped so it was fired allright. If you don't know for sure if the middle and right one are inert don't keep them in the house!!!!
    Dealing with relics is one thing but these buggers are another, if they are still filled with explosives they will oblitterate your house in a fraction of a second if tampered with.
    If you bought them you need to ask the seller if they are inert. This means empty of any explosives, this also aply's to the detonator if there is one.
    People often forget about the detonator initiating charge and it is powerfull enough to cause you serious harm.
    If you can't contact the seller anymore, you'll have to contact your local police station, they will call-in DOVO.
    For the time been don't keep them in the house!!!

Steven

Totally agree with Steve... if your not 100% sure, leave them out side far from anything if possible!

Mouse

?

And call a bomb disposal unit if it is live. No shell is worth running the risk of leveling your house.

Nitram

?

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    Hey Judaz,
    I see you found your way to the forum, one small thing, you should post these items in the ordonance section.
    The rifleling rings are striped so it was fired allright. If you don't know for sure if the middle and right one are inert don't keep them in the house!!!!
    Dealing with relics is one thing but these buggers are another, if they are still filled with explosives they will oblitterate your house in a fraction of a second if tampered with.
    If you bought them you need to ask the seller if they are inert. This means empty of any explosives, this also aply's to the detonator if there is one.
    People often forget about the detonator initiating charge and it is powerfull enough to cause you serious harm.
    If you can't contact the seller anymore, you'll have to contact your local police station, they will call-in DOVO.
    For the time been don't keep them in the house!!!

Steven
    Good advice Steven !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Oh dear.......not another 'is this live?' thread !!!

How many times do we need to say it.......

If you are not 100% sure it is inert, LEAVE IT ALONE ! No relic is worth a finger, hand, arm, leg or LIFE.

The 25lber shell on the right is easily enough to level your house and the one next to it. Get them all checked urgently and next time, make sure they are inert before buying them or digging them !

Steve T

The one on the right certainly has been fired and does not look to have been opened at All since than! My guess would be that it is, indeed, still full of explosives and just because it did not detonate on impact does Not mean it might not do so any any particular moment in the future! Have no clue on the middle one, but the rod is still in it, so I don't think it's very safe either!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good advice from Steven and the others who have commented, if a projectile has travelled down the bore of a gun (as these ones have) it is primed and ready to go off. The fact that they are relatively intact makes me think that they have failed to have detonated on impact. As as already been said, you should put them outside then contact the authorities. These look just like photographs of examples I was shown last year whilst at the Army School of Ammunition, quite scary stuff really.

Thanks

Danny

?

Rule number one: never touch the objects you are not sure what it is. I'am affraid noone here can help you with the answer. Best to remove it from the house and dump or call authorities.
    The central grenade looks like a shrapnell grenade, and most probably both from the WW1. They are equipped with Picric acid, or contain it. Due of the oxidation, and chemical reaction, picric acid made the salt- Picrates. They are extremelly brisant, and can explode
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Exclamation Re: Is These One Empty Or Not?

Almost certianly the right and middle shells are indeed live. The explosives dergrade with age... not in power but in stability. I would probably evacuate your house and have the EOD folks over to take them away, German 8.8cm ordinance is my area but I have seen many so-called DUD rounds. My advice is that you do not move them. and get far away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast