Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Article about: Nice I love the dental mirror. Have you tried it yet ? Looks like it will still do its job quite nicely Steve T

Default Re: Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Good job cleaning the finds. I like that hook never seen one like that before i wonder what it was usd for. I almost forget you found that flower vial even better it's silver must be worth a few quid scrap value

John

nice finds,and I think the Mills is more likely to be Mills Equipment Company that manufactures web equipment normally marked MeCo
    Nigel

Awesome finds, love the battery.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hello,

Me and lS went back to the site today. I found 2 more helmets and a mess tin. LS found a nice water bottle as well. We also had plenty of nice bottles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Wow WH you got those pic's on quick, they came out well. Im feeling the digging now but it was a good day out roll on the next time.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

John

You look like someone just nicked your MD. Want me to come round and sort 'em out for you ?

Steve T

PS Nice finds

Hi Steve,
    I see what you mean but you've mistaken the look. That's the look of a proud man John's dug some amazing finds.
    In fact we've been thinking of changing 'Whitehunters' name to 'LuckyDigger' Because if it's there he'll find it!
    Well done John you certainly put in the hours and deserve the rewards, I like the picture of your finds all recorded together.
    Roll on the next time.
    'Not So'LUCKYSTRIKE

I revisited the site yesterday for only a couple of hours. As always I found a few bits and pieces mainly 1930's/40's bottles etc. But I thought you might like to see this, I pulled a large tin out and this greeted my eyes. It was underneath but welded by the rust to tins etc behind it and took a little work to free it up. It's yet another British fire watchers helmet thats now a total of 7 helmets from this site, 5 of which are Fire Watchers type.

I found this British water bottle on the previous visit together with the other finds shown below.

When I found this razor it was brown and rusty, but I left it in a derust fluid for a week and this is the result. It's still strong and Im sure could still be used today. I've not heard of Ever Ready razors?

Finally I also found this spoon which appears to be part of a slide together cutlery set, perhaps for camping or even military. I've never seen this patent type before.

Thats it for now.

LUCKYSTRIKE

Cracking in-ground shot LS, you have done a great job cleaning the others finds as you say that razor looks brand new.

John

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast