Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Article about: Nice I love the dental mirror. Have you tried it yet ? Looks like it will still do its job quite nicely Steve T

Default Re: Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Thanks John,
    I think the Razor has survived well, just because the quality of the stainless steel back then is better than we can get today. Im very pleased with it, its a good go with for any soldiers kit.
    Cheers Mate.
    LS

Awesome finds again LS. I have a couple of those Ever Ready razors and, like yours, they come up a treat after a bit of a clean. I even have one still in it's case !

Here's a little bit of info on them.....

If I can remember correctly, there was the Kampfe/Star Razor company, an employee left and started the Gem Razor company, he then left and started the Ever Ready Razor company, which was eventually bought by the American Safety Razor Company (ASR). Our resident expert is d.irving79, Dave has been working on a history of sorts for this to preserve it for the rest of us. You can contact him through the forum or PM with any specfic questions, he is always happy to help! By the way I have several including a lather catcher, which are fantastic shavers. The Single Edge (SE) razors shave differently than the Double Edge razors, and so take a little practice to get used to using. But they are well worth learning, and can give great shaves! I am sure others will chime in shortly and correct any mistakes

Hope that helps

Steve T

That red text makes my eyes go funny

Steve,
    Cheers Mate thanks for the info on the Razor I wasn't expecting so much, I agree they're certainly well made quality items that survive well. But I'm with John on the red text it was a little hard to decipher .
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi gang,

Me and Lucky went back today.

LS found 2.1 more helmets. I had a waterbottle, plenty of bottles to keep us intrested through the day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Cheers for posting the pictures John, we shifted some spoil today didn't we and I can tell you I'm feeling it now but a little beer helps to ease it out.
    Good finds had by all

LUCKYSTRIKE

The total Helmet tally is now. 9.3

Blimey ! This should be now officially re-named the 'Helmet dump'.

Steve T

good stuff keep it up guys

Heres the Merlin exhaust i found on the first dig. Also my battery dated March 1939 which i found yesturday. and a nice lamp shade that i was going to put on Ebay intill my mother saw it, she gave me a tenner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Hi Mate,
    Very nice you've done an amazing job on that manifold, will look superb displayed with a couple of the gaskets and that battery of yours should clean up very nice, please let us see it when done.
    A good result £10 and it stays in the family but I think your Mum got a bargain . The original Edwardian lamp shade looks great with the light shining through (nice picture).
    Cheers for now.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast